Gaming So, will the Wii die now?

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I've been playing them on Dolphin with my ripped ISOs. They're WBFS but it's nice to have them playing in emulated/upscaled 720/1080(very laggy) for me. This of course is only for single player, but it's great for games that I've never quite gotten to completion and having the opportunity to finish them. I think the Wii will stay around for quite a bit longer. Not everyone wants to shell out ~$350 for a Wii U, or perhaps they want the GC backwards compatibility of the Wii. It would be awesome if the Wii U was modded and was able to play Gamecube games with the pro controller. There probably won't be another revision after the Wii Mini (What more could they possible take from the console to make it cost less?), so no real advertisement, but It will probably still sell higher than the Vita.

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'll be keeping my Wii for quite some time yet. I've got about 260 games that I'm (slowly) playing through And I've still got about 200 to go!

I might think of getting a Wii U if it ever gets hacked, but otherwise I'm just not interested in buying full-price games.

I think we'll still see new releases for the Wii, but mainly the low-end, shovelware type games. I can imagine developers saying to themselves "We can make our new game Wii U exclusive and limit our sales to just those people that have bought a new Wii U (about half a million to date), or we can make our game work on the old Wii and then we can sell to the 97 million existing Wii owners as well as the new Wii U owners". For games that don't need high-end graphics then this might be attractive to some developers.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that the wii hacking community will stay alive because it's one of the easiest consoles to play around with making it appeal to a wider range of people.

i also think that people will take more of an interest into the Wii U hacking community, since people have already delved and have installed the homebrew channel on the Wii U and that was only a week after UK launch! haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)