Hacking So Wiikey still has no update for DL discs????

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would've thought a fix would be out within 5 days of SSBX releasing, but I haven't heard any news. That means legit SSBB in the US won't even run on Wiikey chip probably....that's unacceptable...

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lmao, I specificall said "legit discs" in my topic descriptions....
sleep.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
hanman said:
ah, i assumed he was referring to a backup copyAhh, you should read the OP.

OP, you could always switch the Wiikey off. Although that takes a bit of effort installing a switch and you still wouldn't be able to play legitimate imports. If you're too lazy to put in a switch you could always download a US copy of Brawl when it's out.

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it kinda suck,buying a legit copy of Brawl and not being able to play it...I tought they would make an update,but the last time I heard about it was around January 29th(1month ago)...

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
hanman said:

OP, you could always switch the Wiikey off. Although that takes a bit of effort installing a switch and you still wouldn't be able to play legitimate imports. If you're too lazy to put in a switch you could always download a US copy of Brawl when it's out.

wow, whta a great compromise for buying a crappy modchip. "hey, basically all the chips out there play legit DL games, but wiikey doesn't, but that's okay because you can install a freaking switch instead of having the chip not suck ass"

gotta hand it to the wiikey team for screwing up LEGIT games and then not doing anything about it for a month now.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
Heran Bago said:
hanman said:

wow, whta a great compromise for buying a crappy modchip. "hey, basically all the chips out there play legit DL games, but wiikey doesn't, but that's okay because you can install a freaking switch instead of having the chip not suck ass"

gotta hand it to the wiikey team for screwing up LEGIT games and then not doing anything about it for a month now.

Here's an idea for you, just play a damn backup! It works the same and you can keep your special "real" disc safe. Or better yet, since the Wiikey is so "crappy," why don't you just pull it and you can play all the legits you want. Problem solved.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
falco123 said:
Heran Bago said:
hanman said:

Here's an idea for you, just play a damn backup! It works the same and you can keep your special "real" disc safe. Or better yet, since the Wiikey is so "crappy," why don't you just pull it and you can play all the legits you want. Problem solved.
I'm having a horrible experience with burned DL discs, so I'd hesitate to say that they "work the same."

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about you stop defending the Wiikey for not fixing such a blatant problem in their chip? It's laughable that you'd rather play backups which degrade the laser as it is than the legit, if I have it.

Actually, you don't even need to go that far. Why is this even an argument, "oh it's okay to not be able to play the legit disc since you can just burn it anyway," that SHOULDN'T be acceptable in any fashion. It's bad business, simple as that.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CZroe said:
I'm having a horrible experience with burned DL discs, so I'd hesitate to say that they "work the same."
They do work the same, but the problem is if you don't/can't burn them right. I've wasted some money on a DL burner and media because I listened to people say 2 year old and/or laptop burners suck at burning them (and because I sorta didn't realize my laptop burner suppported DL at the start). But now I've got it working.

Why do some people bother even having a chip if they complain about a retail game not working. People have been playing only backups for awhile so what difference does it make on just another game? I do hope that the Wiikey team fix this though, because they said they were working on it.

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
How about you stop defending the Wiikey for not fixing such a blatant problem in their chip? It's laughable that you'd rather play backups which degrade the laser as it is than the legit, if I have it.

Actually, you don't even need to go that far. Why is this even an argument, "oh it's okay to not be able to play the legit disc since you can just burn it anyway," that SHOULDN'T be acceptable in any fashion. It's bad business, simple as that.

What is bad business? That their chip doesn't work with a game that wasn't even out when you installed it? Are you going to get all pissed off when you can't play Wii2 games either? And what if Nintendo comes up with a foolproof WiiKey stopper? Are you going to bitch about that too? Quit complaining about what you don't have and be happy about what you do have. Are you going to say you haven't been able to steal hundreds of dollars in games with the WiiKey? Then be happy about all the damned money you saved you ungrateful whiner. If you were so concerned about the laser then you shouldn't have installed the chip to begin with. What an annoying complainer you are.

And for those having DL media problems, use Verbatim 8x like everyone told you to do!

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not ervyone who is buying the game wants to download an 7-8GB iso, and buy the media and burner.

I for one am buying the game, and it f***ing sucks that I can;'t even play it day one. That's a guarantee.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"What is bad business? That their chip doesn't work with a game that wasn't even out when you installed it?"

Yeah, that's why it's called an "update." To fix their chip when things come out that don't work. You could have saved yourself a lot of time from typing that meaningless rant if you stopped for a second to think about what you're saying. Don't try to bring in irrelevant factors other than the topic at hand, either.

And like I said, it's been almost exactly a month with no news.

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
"What is bad business? That their chip doesn't work with a game that wasn't even out when you installed it?"

Yeah, that's why it's called an "update." To fix their chip when things come out that don't work. You could have saved yourself a lot of time from typing that meaningless rant if you stopped for a second to think about what you're saying. Don't try to bring in irrelevant factors other than the topic at hand, either.

And like I said, it's been almost exactly a month with no news.

Great, well I want to "update" my DVD player to watch Blueray. When is that gonna happen?

And I like how you zeroed-in on the weakest point, completely ignoring the others; which includes the fact that you have saved hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars with the WiiKey and you are still an ungrateful brat.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
falco123 said:

What is bad business? That their chip doesn't work with a game that wasn't even out when you installed it? Are you going to get all pissed off when you can't play Wii2 games either? And what if Nintendo comes up with a foolproof WiiKey stopper? Are you going to bitch about that too? Quit complaining about what you don't have and be happy about what you do have. Are you going to say you haven't been able to steal hundreds of dollars in games with the WiiKey? Then be happy about all the damned money you saved you ungrateful whiner. If you were so concerned about the laser then you shouldn't have installed the chip to begin with. What an annoying complainer you are.

And for those having DL media problems, use Verbatim 8x like everyone told you to do!
It's bad business to sell a chip based on upgradeability and then just disappear of the face of the earth (the website has been gone for months). This is THEIR glitch... the WiiKey is not supposed to be active when original discs are inserted. It just assumes that any DL disc is a backup for multi-game GCOS disc (stupid assumption). It was bad enough that they sold the damned thing claiming that it supported audiostreaming/audiofix for GC games when it did not, and then delaying the update to add the promised functionality just to spread FUD about clones not working long enough to sell them until they were obsolete (D2C). This was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt when they released the leaked update as "official" MUCH later (they were obviously delaying it for other reasons).

To top things off, it was the most unprofessional "release" ever! It had no instructions or utilities for resizing it (necessary) and it had satanic and erotic imagery. Even after telling my him to ignore what he sees, my 11yr old nephew thought that I had mailed him the wrong disc when it came time to update. I'm just glad his parents didn't see it! How is that "professional?" It's poor business. I complained directly and they still released the 1.9g update the same way.

They've had 5 strikes. It's time to take them out of the game.

Their business model counted on selling the cheapest, easily clone-able chips for the highest price until the clones caught up and flooded an obsolete market (after Nintendo started cutting legs and making incompatible drive chipsets) before moving on to their newer solutions (D2CKey, D2Pro). They don't care about the WiiKey users anymore because there is not more money to be made in the pre-D2C market. The only incentive they have to update is to keep their name in good standing for their new products... except that they never have a name! Their strategy is to shed their name with their last product by creating a new name and website for each product with not reference to the last. We're lucky it's so easy to tell that Team Xeno, WiiKey team, D2CKey team, and D2Pro team are all the same.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
Great, well I want to "update" my DVD player to watch Blueray. When is that gonna happen?

And I like how you zeroed-in on the weakest point, completely ignoring the others; which includes the fact that you have saved hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars with the WiiKey and you are still an ungrateful brat.

Wow, you're horrible at arguing. Because updating something completely unrealistic is exactly the same as updating something which allows normal playback like the console was intended to do in the first place, right?

And, like I said, you're bringing in completely irrelevant "arguments" to try to bolster your nonexistent position. The other modchips out there can play a legit DL disc just fine. Wiikey cannot. This has nothing to do with playing any other games, just that this is an issue that probably could be fixed very easily yet has nothing announced about it as of now. Why would anyone install a Wiikey right now instead of a Cyclowiz?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself