Gaming So Whos Playing Halo 3?

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing it for a couple of hours and I am not quite as impressed as I hoped I would be. The gameplay is solid but does not offer anything new so far. Basically the same as Halo 2, which is not entirely a bad thing, but I was hoping for a bit more. Visually it's pretty good, though slightly bland when compared to Gears of War, for example. Music is a strong point, as with the first two games.

Still, I'm remaining open-minded about it as I'm sure it will get better as the story developes.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
What's your thoughts? Ive got it on the hard drive, just waiting to finish work to burn it! Post your gamertag, i'll add you if you're up for some co-op or death-matches.

Hah, exact same for me. Just waiting to get home from work xD

Yeh it sucks. I dont finish till 8pm! Im winding up all the guys with legit 360's about how ill be playing it tonight
tongue.gif

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been playing it for a couple of hours and I am not quite as impressed as I hoped I would be. The gameplay is solid but does not offer anything new so far. Basically the same as Halo 2, which is not entirely a bad thing, but I was hoping for a bit more. Visually it's pretty good, though slightly bland when compared to Gears of War, for example. Music is a strong point, as with the first two games.

Still, I'm remaining open-minded about it as I'm sure it will get better as the story developes.
Aftermath of a hype
laugh.gif

@jaxxster:
I don't have any 360 playing friends I could wind up with it, really xD
And I only have 1 1/2 hours to go :3
Just gotta hope it runs, at all, the whole SplitVid thing is giving me a headache.

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Aftermath of a hype
laugh.gif

True, although I suppose Bungie did not promise a revolution in gameplay. Other games have been the subject of similar hype, but were closer to living up to it (e.g Gears of War, Bioshock). I think we were all hoping for more than Halo 2: HD edition.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who owns an X-Box 360, I'd assume.

Personally, I consider FPS games a dime-a-dozen and don't bother with them anymore. I never could fathom why FPS's are so popular that they need 58 billion versions of the same damn thing on the freakin' market. People will say, "Because they sell".....well sure, when you don't really have any other games to choose from....

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone who owns an X-Box 360, I'd assume.

Personally, I consider FPS games a dime-a-dozen and don't bother with them anymore. I never could fathom why FPS's are so popular that they need 58 billion versions of the same damn thing on the freakin' market. People will say, "Because they sell".....well sure, when you don't really have any other games to choose from....
Well, the thing with Halo is, if you played Halo 2 to the end, they kinda force you to play 3.
This works especially well when you are a story whore like me. Unfinished story makes Baby Jesus cry.

I'm not too excited about shooters either, especially since I had my fill of Halo-esque shooter with Resistance just a little while ago, but I really wanna know how the damn thing ends xD

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought the first 2 were ok, kinda enjoyable and played through each but I never bothered with them after aside the odd multiplayer game.

Will give this a go, its not gonna be a bad game for those who like FPS games thats for sure but I can take it or leave it.

Still haven't got into Bioshock either, I think I'm losing interest in big console games that aren't by Nintendo
frown.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 360 is simple to mod and if you do it right, you won't get banned.

Anyway: I am not disappointed and I'm enjoying the game. Then again, I barely followed any hype at all so there's nothing to really disappoint me. I am all up for some multiplayer later today. We could check out the Online Coop and goof around in Forge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.