Gaming So who's hyped for... Yo-Kai Watch 2?

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
What is the version that allows one to get as many cats Yokais as possible? I like cats...^^
Well the digital versions from eshop when pre-ordered came with robonyan for boney and sailornyan for fleshy. If you have save data from yokai watch and use the yokai Cam option with yokai watch 1 then talk with someone you can get buchinyan, komosan, and another rare yokai one for each day. I believe fleshy has another Nyan that is exclusive to it but can trade over to Boney.

Last edited by Svaethier,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stayed up all night playing Yo-kai Watch 2. While it's really just more of the same on the surface, there are lots of subtle changes and improvements that together make it a better and more polished experience. It's easier than ever to just waste hours accomplishing very little. The RNG capture mechanic is still infuriating, but the Yo-kai sometimes drop their favorite food, giving you a clue of what to use. Best of all, Amazon refunded me $4 today for "pre-order price protection" which brought the total to only $28 after the initial Prime discount. That's one heck of a deal, but I still hope it will eventually be possible to install the DLC for Sailornyan and Robonyan F on CFW.

Reactions: CLOUD9RED

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I will be some more "hyped" if I didn"t played the Japanese version, but it"S really good to see the game coming to America and Europe.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing yokai 2 and it's not that bad only soem graphic changes ( very subtle though) and new yokai. Personally I'm using this to stall for ok sun and moon

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Playing through the "undub" USA version on cfw. Not bad, but just a lot of tutorializing AND the RNG capture mechanic can go suck an egg (I should not have to guess what a thing's favourite food is AND have a popular Yokai in the front of my party to be able to do anything - *has a flashback to capturing Snartle in the first game*)

Kudos to the maker of the "undub" version anyhow - Japanese cutscenes with English subtitles at on the touchscreen? Yes please.

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I've played YW1 and was impressed by the the lovely detailed art design. But I'm this type of gamer who don't want to miss anything ...nothing against side quests but for me there were too much side quests compared to the compressed world/city. It was boring to walk from point A to B, back to A etc. Additionally there were just a few types of different side quests. So if you've made 10 side quests, everything repeats ...I hate if you can discover the gameplay mechanics so fast.

It's like the old pokemon games: Go to city A but before you can beat the leader you have to do a side quest. Beat the leader, get a VM/TM and you can pass through the next area. Then you're in city B, you can't beat the leader, side quest, leader etc.

YW1 follows the same principle just in another way. If you understand the mechanics, it's very boring. I like pokemon more than YW1 because (even with the boring gameplay) the world is very large. You can explore the world between the cities, find more secrets, individualise your pokemon and their attacks etc. Because of this, the "relationship" between you and your pockemons are much deeper. It was also boring to collect the misnters in YW1 because it's based on luck and no skill.

A game with the art style, the main story of YW1 and the creativity + the world and the battle mechanics of pokemon would be cool.

I've not seen any gameplay of YW2 but I guess it's the same like YW1, just with a few changes. An extremely small world and tons of repetitive side quests. Maybe I'll give it a try after Pokemon sun/moon.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoy the anime, but it could be better. As for the games, I beat the main storyline of YW1 but am trying to 100% it so I can start playing YW2. How long does it take to 100% YW1 and befriend all 250 Yo-Kai?

I'm so disappointed that YW2 doesn't get the respect that it deserves in North America. Sure, this franchise is too Japanese for the average American gamer, but it's still a cool series, nonetheless. If we made a gaming series about Greek mythology, set in the modern times (That is if weren't so obsessed with these mindless violent shooters and actually made games that kids and families would enjoy, like we did back in the 90s with Crash and Sypro) it would fare better in North America and Europe, than Japan. As for YW2, it just baffles me that mainstream critics are giving it "average" reviews; IGN just gave it a 5.5 and Nintendo Life just gave it a 6. But if this was some high profile M-rated game like CoD or AC, they would be giving it 8s and 9s. Sigh, I miss the old days of gaming so much! The gaming industry is starting to go downhill, just like Hollywood did, 20 years ago when they started to release average and bland films like Bio-Dome and House Arrest. Hate to say it, but the gaming industry might see a 3rd video game crash, a few years from now if things don't straighten up. The last one being 33 years ago and we all know how that turned out! It may come down to "All your base are belong to us!" if we're not careful.

Last edited by 03bgood,

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy yw2 but the third one will definitely bring more people into the game series if they keep the YW x FF stuff like chibanyan riding a chocobo.
Hopefully YW3 will get, at least a 8 from IGN, but I doubt it. They only enjoy mindless garbage like CoD, BF, GoW (Gears, not God of War), and AC! The only M-rated games that matter are GTA, Fallout, and maybe BioShock! It makes me sick that Batman and Final Fantasy are now M-rated. Just goes to show you that we're too obsessed with violence, compared to Japan. Yeah they enjoy violent video games too, but at least they don't overobsess them, like the west does.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully YW3 will get, at least a 8 from IGN but I doubt it. They only enjoy mindless garbage like CoD, BF, GoW (Gears, not God of War), and AC! The only M-rated games that matter are GTA and Fallout!
Final Fantasy is popular here in the US so I'm sure if the FF stuff stays in YW3 when we get it then I can see FF finatics get the game just for the chocobo and the Nyan FF yokai.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy is popular here in the US so I'm sure if the FF stuff stays in YW3 when we get it then I can see FF finatics get the game just for the chocobo and the Nyan FF yokai.
I wasn't expecting YW to be the next big thing in the west since Pokemon, but I sure as hell was expecting it to be more poplar than I thought. You'd think with YW2 coming out, it would do better in the west, than than last year, but thanks to our "obsession" with violent and mindless shit like CoD, BF, and AC and let's not forget those shitty mobile games on iOS and Android; I guess that isn't possible!

Last edited by 03bgood,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't expecting YW to be the next big thing in the west since Pokemon, but I sure as hell was expecting it to be more poplar than I thought. You'd think with YW2 coming out, it would do better in the west, than than last year, but thanks to our "obsession" with violent and mindless shit like CoD, BF, and AC and let's not forget those shitty mobile games on iOS and Android; I guess that isn't possible!

When I say I play video games, I always get the idiots in my life trying to see if I play freaking CoD. I hate that game/genre, and the only time I played it was to get some sweet research money from a study in university (they were measuring aggression and how photo-realistic games could create that - the researchers pitted two players together in a match and after fighting a few matches, they had us answer a few questions about volunteering and giving the research money to charity AND they had the players squirt out the amount of hot sauce into a cup to "give" to the other player).

That said, Yokai Watch is VERY Japanese. Like, you thought Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest were Japanese, this is the game that practically screams in the language and even the presentation. (I love Whisper, but he's like that one friend who's a know-it-all.) But it's not violent, and even the boss battles are cute (
the Capsule Toy Skeleton, actually made me laugh
) I find that the violent games are the games that I gravitate to after a bad day, and the very cute games are the ones I tend to complete.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I say I play video games, I always get the idiots in my life trying to see if I play freaking CoD. I hate that game/genre, and the only time I played it was to get some sweet research money from a study in university (they were measuring aggression and how photo-realistic games could create that - the researchers pitted two players together in a match and after fighting a few matches, they had us answer a few questions about volunteering and giving the research money to charity AND they had the players squirt out the amount of hot sauce into a cup to "give" to the other player).

That said, Yokai Watch is VERY Japanese. Like, you thought Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest were Japanese, this is the game that practically screams in the language and even the presentation. (I love Whisper, but he's like that one friend who's a know-it-all.) But it's not violent, and even the boss battles are cute (
the Capsule Toy Skeleton, actually made me laugh
) I find that the violent games are the games that I gravitate to after a bad day, and the very cute games are the ones I tend to complete.
Just to let you know, I don't hate violent games per say. I did enjoy Perfect Dark as a kid, with my gal friend and played the hell out of TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect when I was a sophomore in high school, alongside Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Jak 2&3.

My point is, we need more family friendly games like Japan. I miss the good old days of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon. Can we please got back to those days? I'm not saying we should ban M-rated games or stop making them. They can still be made but as the old saying goes; "Won't somebody think of the children!?"

Last edited by 03bgood,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just to let you know, I don't hate violent games per say. I did enjoy Perfect Dark as a kid, with my gal friend and played the hell out of TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect when I was a sophomore in high school, alongside Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Jak 2&3.

My point is, we need more family friendly games like Japan. I miss the good old days of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon. Can we please got back to those days. I'm not saying we should ban M-rated games or stop making them. They can still be made but as the old saying goes; "Won't somebody think of the children!?"

Yup, I enjoyed the hell out of Area 51 and House of the Dead back in the day. I like violence, hell, I was the first girl in my group to drag myself out to see MK3 in the arcades. We do need more family friendly games - these days, all we have is Mario, Kirby and Animal Xing if we want something not violent.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also thought Half-Life 2 and Mass Effect were good. I know I'm too harsh on M-rated games but at least I'm not like that loser, Jack Thompson (A.K.A. The soccermom of video games) I just don't like it when they always overshadow lighthearted games and we have to rely on Japan to make family friendly games since the west likes everything that is either, violent or stupid

Reactions: astrangeone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte