So...Who Watched The Boxing?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jaxxster, Dec 9, 2007.

Dec 9, 2007
  1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    hats of to hatton! He may have lost but fuck me....what a fight! It's been a long night and i dont watch boxing much but i take my hat of the fella....that ref was bent as fuck! Taking a point of for a punch that didnt land! What's that all about?

Your opinions?

xx

2. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I had to listen to it as I wasn't inclined to pay to see it! But yeah I agree, shame Hatton lost, but at least it was a late round, I bet the guy is gutted after all the crap he was givin out at the pre fight weigh-in and stuff.
    At least Amir Khan won his fight, 1st round knock out I believe, trying to find it online to watch (youtube no good for me).

3. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    It was a good fight...hatton tired himself out too much...he was to aggresive in the early rounds. Mayweather just decided to defend then pick off a few good punches. hatton is still a legend in my eyes, he done well just mayweather decided to throw in a few cheeky elbows to hatton! Im glad i payed the £15 to see it...Was good having everyone up that time in the morning!

Shame the english decided to boo the American anthem tho....sorry about that guys!

xx

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Yeah, i didn't like the booing either.

5. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Must say, I'm gutted.. Must have been one of Mayweathers toughest fights, but still Ricky got a bit too carried away and just couldn't connect...

Hatton is absolutely a legend - I suggest everyone vote him sports personality of the year. His only competition has no personality, and will win it soon enough anyway..

Sadly, I can't see the rematch ever happening.

6. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    £15 is what, over $30? IIRC, PPV boxing costs $50 here which is why I refused to continue watching it.

And it's classy of you to apologize for your countrymen booing us but we understand why. And we expect it. Soon I reckon economic troubles will wipe the smarmy smiles off of our corpulent grills.

7. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah charging for a 30 minute fight is disgusting imo, if no one paid it they wouldn't do it but of course most people do, forcing the rest to like it or lump it.