so who else uses flashcart os for homebrew?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by El Blacksheep, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. El Blacksheep
    OP

Member El Blacksheep GBAtemp Regular

United States
    after switching to sakura long ago i couldn't switch back to the m3real firmware. i tried the triple boot for loading homebrew, and none of the 3 systems would run anything, so since then i've been using sakura by itself.

lately i came across some really interesting homebrew that i just had to try (video games hero, for those who are interested) and sure enough it wouldn't load on sakura. i went browsing through the FAQ and noticed a one-line mention of flashcart os. so i gave it a try, and to my surprise it worked perfectly.

to clean things up, i also hid all the fcos files and renamed the .nds file to defaultx.nds (and made a copy of it as defaulty.nds) so i could load it by holding x or y down during startup.

anybody else use this?

2. haringtonl

Member haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What are you having troubles with when using the triple boot? Delete everything off your micro sd and copy and paste the stuff inside the folder (not the folder holding the folders) into the root of your card. And I'm pretty sure m3 ds real can run it, I tried.

3. El Blacksheep
    OP

Member El Blacksheep GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i know how to install it [​IMG]
    the problem is the m3real system only offers NDS RTS, which i can live without, and the iTouchDS system doesn't offer anything at all. none of the 3 systems load any homebrew, which is why i use flashcart os instead.

thought that was pretty clear from the original post...

4. .nds

Newcomer .nds Newbie

United States
    I have iTouchDS, and it loads homebrew fine...

5. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I use the iTouch firmware for all of my homebrew. I tried using the FlashcartOS and I couldn't make heads or tails of the interface. Is it me or does tapping up cause the cursor to move to the top of the file list?

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i use fcos too.
    if you want to move up a little in the list because you went 1 or 2 files too far, just use the touch screen.
    you can select(but not run) files by touching them with the touch screen.

7. Roman_42

Newcomer Roman_42 Advanced Member

Germany
  8. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    sakura can boot homebrew, as long as it's not dldi patched for a different flashcart, and the homebrew's nds file isn't larger than 2 MB.

9. Roman_42

Newcomer Roman_42 Advanced Member

Germany
    This can't be the problem, DSgraph doesn't work and it's very small and doesn't need any DLDI patching. I've tried to DLDI-patch DS Organize and it still doesn't work in Sakura.