Hacking So..... Where is Reggie! the Mario Bros Wii level editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiFan2012

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know. The "official" topic got locked, so I would like to get some information.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, do you want info or are you demanding that people work according to your imposed deadline? Mixed messages aren't good, yo

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As was said many times in the official thread, it will be out when it's ready. When it is ready, the official topic will be reopened.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol im curious too, its obviously in a working state as witnessed by the youtube clip "what is newer super mario bros wii?" or something to that nature. I wonder why its not getting released when its obviously very workable, too bad riivolution or w.e. doesn't support usb loaders so us usb loading people are gonna be stuck using wiiscrubber and making levels smaller/same size as the level were replacing.

edit : Tagg granted thats true but as i said, its obviously ready lol

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get why it isn't released, maybe their waiting for newer super mario bros wii to be done their entire game. Then they can release it alongside it (that would be totally lame) I just don't get why when its in a very much workable state why it isnt released yet

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why not just release a version with the bits that they have working and then just update the app when new features are completed??

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
why not just release a version with the bits that they have working and then just update the app when new features are completed??
I got passed off as a troll for suggesting that >_> IIRC

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks they closed the official thread because of all the bickering. I occasionally would poke my head in, ask how progress was going politely and Treeki, who is a very nice dude would always respond, or if I had any questions as to Reggie's abilities, he would answer that as well.

Oh well Treeki if you are watching, give us some info please. Can we get a screenshot or at least a news-type teaser (with news lasers and all?)

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i would like to know what ISN'T working cause from what i've seen its as fully featured as its gonna get without adding pointless features.

edit: also vash you should've kept working on tanooki lol it probably would've been as full featured as reggie, only difference it'd be out now

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fivex said:
longtom1 said:
I got passed off as a troll for suggesting that >_> IIRC
it's just by the time the editor is released nobody will really be bothered all the hype has died down

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well it's obviously a decision Treeki carefully thought about. I just don't agree with it. Debugging alone takes a lot more time. He'd be better of releasing a public beta.
The same thing happened with MTA:San Andreas DM, they always said it would be released 'soon' but it took them years. When it finally got released, it was still bugged. You just can't expect to make a fully fledged program by reverse-engeneering a game and then make it do things it wasn't designed for.
Well his dissapointment will only be bigger when he finds that out if he decides to release eventually.

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
well i would like to know what ISN'T working cause from what i've seen its as fully featured as its gonna get without adding pointless features.

edit: also vash you should've kept working on tanooki lol it probably would've been as full featured as reggie, only difference it'd be out now

Different Vash
tongue.gif

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol my bad
tongue.gif
just seems silly though if i remember one of the reasons he stopped tanooki was because of reggie, yet reggie hasn't seen the light of day, if he'd continued tanooki it would've probly been alot better by now

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well as i've stated in this thread, its obviously very complete if people are making levels with it etc etc its obviously in a state that it can be used, yet its not. I think as i said maybe he's waiting for that team to finish the entire game before releasing it, or maybe he's pulling a duke nukem forever and constantly adding new things instead of just ironing out what he already has. My only hope is that it'll work with usb loaders the same way it'd work from disc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
"It made something" and "very complete" are two totally different things.

Go program something useful before you try to talk like you know what it's like, especially when you try to tell people the internal status of somebody else's project.

You reek so bad of "it can't be that hard, I WANT IT NOW" that it sickens me.

Go send some money to the developer if you want it that badly, that usually gets them pretty motivated.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Truth? Reggie's ready for first release. But right now, it's useless due to one of the other tools, not in our hands being redesigned. Just sit tight, and you'll enjoy the package when it's released, okay? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr