So what's up with G6/M3 team?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by GirAiD, Jul 3, 2007.

Jul 3, 2007

So what's up with G6/M3 team? by GirAiD at 8:28 AM (1,441 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. GirAiD
    OP

Newcomer GirAiD Advanced Member

United States
    I've had G6 lite since the day it came out. it has always been satisfying and I've always been behind G6 team, until the slot 1 war started.
    First, the M3 team didn't even bother develop their own slot 1, they just ordered some OEMs from R4. Then the G6 real, as the flagship product of the company, at the most important time to impress potential buyers, fell behind schedule with the promise of DLDI support. when they finally release it after everyone already gets their slot 1 from other brand, no one is going to need a G6 real anyway. Not to mention G6 lite being left with dozens unsupported games for months. Unless they are sitting in a dark room developing some really amazing, top secret project (which I highly doubt), I think this team is really going down. I would suggest everyone looking to buy a G6/M3 product to hold your horse or look else where until the G6/M3 team to pull their shit together.

2. zerothelegend

Newcomer zerothelegend Newbie

United States
    I stopped there. You have no idea what you're talking about.

3. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I fully agree with you. The G6 Team and G6 brand use to be my favorite. But they are really slacking off, telling lies. And it's making them look bad, and pissing off their customers.

I still love my G6 Real, and still think it's one of the best slot 1 carts out right now. But if the G6 team keeps up this type of support(which I doubt they will), then I will not buy another one of their carts. But in all fairness, their support usually is really good, so it's quite surprising to see this lack of support from them lately. So I doubt this will last.

4. ShinG2k7

Newcomer ShinG2k7 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thank god for that because I've jus bought a G6 Lite based on the great NDS & GBA support it's supposed to have. [​IMG]

5. AntvgX

Newcomer AntvgX Advanced Member

Russia
    Not to mention this card damage problem. There are already dozens of people who can't do anything with there not working card and when i wrote to them they didn't even answer.

6. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Wiikey!

[​IMG] Are you kidding? The games that don't work suck anyways (lol code lyoko) Except for sim city there is really nothing unsupported worth playing atm, and don't forget that 9/10 releases DO work.
    Although I agree that the M3 is a total disappointment.

7. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    i hope they're working on dldi support, pda extend and g6 3-in-1.

this is the only giustification for them. let's wait ...

8. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I don't really know .... I mean I play games....not just flash shit to see if it works....so it could be that by time I get done beating games the newer releases finally get their patches but I was one of the first 10 people to get a G6 and I have loved it all the way till now. I run everything untrimmed, no soft reset, and force R/W if its an option but I don't know I mean I have never had a game I wanted to play that I couldn't. I do know I booted up the Donkey Kong racing game right when Pokemon came out and it didn't work but again it could have been a write issue.... I don't know I have beaten over 40 games on my G6, played over 100 and never had any problems. My G6Real kicks even MORE ass...so I don't know...I am pretty happy not to mention the PRICE. We are paying bottom prices these days..unbelievable prices...so cheap that if your card doesn't play a game your dying to play...its actually CHEAPER to buy a competitors card then get the RETAIL game....(or damn near close).....so you know what....if I can score a 8Gb G6Real for 60 bucks versus the old price of 300 dollars...I'll take the cheapness of the kit and wait a little longer.

And for the record the G6/M3 team has never been too favorable on homebrew support...something to do with them fighting clones being made. I could be wrong on that...but if thats the case its highly understandable.

9. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I've got my M3 Lite a couple of days ago...it works great! All the games I've tried worked. It's easy to use. No complaints. Give the team more time...not only do they have to work on G6 and M3 Lite slot 2 updates, but M3 DSS and G6 DS Real. So what if a game doesn't work? If you want 100% compatibility, you're screwed because no flash card can do that. Go buy the game if you really want it. (You need to support the good games anyways)
    And weaponxxx does have a very good point about the prices.

10. GirAiD
    OP

United States
    the newest software for the card one G6 english site about a week ago was updated on march. Even if you count the new 4.8 U-disk manager on chinese site (you can't really call that true support, I think that's really irresponsible for English G6 user.) This means having at least 20 games unsupported for 3 months, which include spideman3, shrek 3 and dragonball. I'm not here to argue, I just wanted to make a point.

11. GirAiD
    OP

United States
    I don't think G6 has become a bad card, it's still a good card compare to many others regardless. But when you see the update speed drop from 2 weeks suddenly to 3 months, you have to think about it. What if the trend continues? What if the next update will not be coming until 6 months? Will you worry then?

12. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I wouldn't mind seeing an update for my M3 SD. Although I'd much more prefer an update for my DSX but honestly, what's more likely? [​IMG]

13. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH! I WANT DLDI ON G6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmm

14. ssoccerh

Member ssoccerh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i know i was like does this guy even know what hes talking about?

15. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    From my experience with the team they (they being G6/M3) most likely wait for the next ultra big must have....Pokemon works so they are taking a break....I would assume the next update to come when Zelda (Euro) gets dumped....if there is no update 14 Days after Zelda gets dumped then I would agree that something is rotten in Denmark. But again I have seen this trend before....somebody says "OMG obscure game A) doesn't work (let's call it Lego Stars Wars) and it's been 3 weeks....egad the M3 team took my 35 dollars and ran!!" Then Mario Hoops gets dumped and 3 days later we get our patch. Maybe G6/M3 team played Lego Star Wars and said...uh the game sucks...lets just release a patch all at once when something good gets dumped? I really don't know...I have a few theories in the companies defense but all and all I feel they are a stand up company...really a winner of the market and for them to bail would be just crazy. I have been following the slot 1's like I followed the slot 2's so there may be things I don't know but as of right now I am assuming the above...within 14 days of Zelda (e) getting dumped we will get an update...it may be sooner but no later then that. I really hope they are not working on new hardware as I got enough shit on my desk and their current line of products is pretty perfect IMO