So whats the point of a 3DS flashcard....

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thewonderer, Jul 30, 2011.

Jul 30, 2011
  1. thewonderer
    OP

Newcomer thewonderer Member

United States
    Sorry for the noobish question but is it to play DS games on a 3DS? I know you can't play 3DS games yet so is that the point?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Yeah, pretty much. We have no way of playing 3DS roms, but we can play DS roms on a 3DS compatible flashcart.

It's just there for convenience.

3. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    For now and for some stupid reason that's what a 3DS flashcart is Officially Unofficially for. So yes, you are correct...for now.

4. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I prefer to play the DS games on 3DS for one reason...the slider pad. works so much better on a lot games that I have.

5. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    There is no 3DS flashcart, only DS/DSi flashcart that works on a 3DS. People need to get their fact straight !!

Pip'

6. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

7. weebwobb

Newcomer weebwobb Member

United States
    Cool. I've been wondering if the slider works for DS games. Is it basically interchangeable with the D-pad?

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Yes. It acts as the D-Pad for DS games. It doesn't give you 360 degrees of control, and it won't be any more precise, but it is a lot more comfortable.

9. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    and it feels pretty nostalgic playing Super Mario 64 DS with it.

10. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    actually, pippin was right. any so-called 3DS flashcart is just a DS flashcart that works on the 3DS. i didn't even say DSi, because there's only that Evo that can do DSi mode (am i correct? or does Supercard DStwo support DSi mode as well?).

unless you're NOT talking about a flash cart, but a DS cartridge.

11. F. Lobot

Member F. Lobot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't current DS(i) flashcards work on 3DS anyway? How is this special?

12. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Not to mention Diddy Kong Racing. I hated that game on the DS because the driving was so wrong using the d-pad. Loving it now on 3DS.

13. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    yeah they are ds and dsi flashcards but some companies are trying to be deceptive and calling their cards
    ......3ds and marketng in a way where i could see how it would confuse some people ,like noobs
    and about the analod working for ds games, i wonder if you use it for a game like mario64 ds ,then does it actually act like an analog stick? like when you press it lightly does he walk slowly and when you press it hard he runs? or does it just work like the regular d pad? i wonder if the game has the analog drivers even, and if the game does have the analog drivers if its set up on the games end and on the 3ds endo so they could even be used that way , im not shure why they would be ,unless someone had the forethought at nintendo that they would have an analog ds someday when mario64 ds was made, i wouod be pleasntly surprisedd if the analog that i thought was for 3ds made would work in ds maode and actually be true analog

guess i will be trying it out soon with my scds2 ,ive got a little plan ,to get both the 20 free eshop downloads and get the system for 160 or 169 , whichever theyare lowering the price to
    you just buy 2 systems, 1 before when you can still download the games, and then 1 after the price drop , and dont open the second one, then you just return the second one with the 1st recipt for 249 ,so you gat a 3ds for 160/169 and you still get the eshop downloads =) im so glad i waited ,