Hacking So what to keep my Wii up-to-date?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, I've been out of the Wii scene for a long time. Haven't played a Wii game in several months and I plan to pick up my Wii again by playing Okami (for the first time) and other games I missed out on. Including playing Muramasa when it comes out in a few days. So what I want to know is:

1. I have Softmii 2.0 installed on my Wii now. And I want to play both Wii and Gamecube games through the disc channel. What do I need to get full compatibility?
2. Anything I need to install on the Wii so it won't brick?
3. Can the Wii play DVD-9 games if I have Softmii installed? I plan to play Metroid Prime Trilogy.
4. Is there anything new (like IOS) I should be aware of?

Also, please put any input any info you may have or know that I need to be aware of cause I don't want to risk messing up the family Wii.

Thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
So yeah, I've been out of the Wii scene for a long time. Haven't played a Wii game in several months and I plan to pick up my Wii again by playing Okami (for the first time) and other games I missed out on. Including playing Muramasa when it comes out in a few days. So what I want to know is:

1. I have Softmii 2.0 installed on my Wii now. And I want to play both Wii and Gamecube games through the disc channel. What do I need to get full compatibility?
3. Can the Wii play DVD-9 games if I have Softmii installed? I plan to play Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Also, please put any input any info you may have or know that I need to be aware of cause I don't want to risk messing up the family Wii.

Thanks.
1] use cioscorp 3.3
2] install bootmii as boot2 and make a nand backup
3] softmii is not a mod, its a guide. cioscorp will handle all your loading of games.
4] IOS60 lets you play wiiware/virtual console games off the sd card and is the only IOS needed to update to 4.1

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Rock Raiyu said:

Thanks.
1] use cioscorp 3.3
3] softmii is not a mod, its a guide. cioscorp will handle all your loading of games.
4] IOS60 lets you play wiiware/virtual console games off the sd card and is the only IOS needed to update to 4.1

Ok so I need cioscorp 3.3? How do I go about installing it? Do I just install it over Softmii? or do I have to uninstall then install cioscorp?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
xzxero said:
Rock Raiyu said:

Thanks.
1] use cioscorp 3.3

Ok so I need cioscorp 3.3? How do I go about installing it? Do I just install it over Softmii? or do I have to uninstall then install cioscorp?
softmii is not a program. it a guide.
you dont need cioscorp, its not essential.
it allows you to play backups via the disc channel.
just install bootmii and make a nand backup then
just find out where to get cioscorp then install it.

just install cioscorp 3.3 and your good.

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cioscorp 3.3 will play all backups through the disc channel Wii and GC. It will also play your real Wii games but will not play real GC games and give you an error when loading up from the menu screen and disc screen.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not direct disc channel loading, but you should take a peek at SoftChip. It's a backup loader with an autoboot feature. It effectively works just like the disc channel (with custom settings) but without the game banner. Oh.. and, you don't need to install CiosCorp.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install BootMii to Boot2 first and make a NAND Back up FIRST!
BootMii is the best way to fix a bricked Wii, 99% of Bricks can be fixed with BootMii.

If BootMii will not install to Boot2 then install Pre-Loader v29 its the next best thing.

This way if you install anything you don't like or some how brick the Wii installing anything you can fix it real easy!

Good Luck.

I cant wait for Muramasa, it looks alot like Odin Sphere a grate 2D PS2 game.
Lol, here's proof.
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/884/884204.html

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say use Neogamma R7 there is even a channel for it if you look in the forums. I dont why people insist on using Cioscorp. It reeks havoc on your system. I simply have Waninkokos cIOS38 Rev14 and Neogamma R7 for loading backups and USB Loader GX for usb loading. No need to install Cioscorp. I have yet to find a dame NTSC or Pal that I cant play with these things.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markedmanner said:
I say use Neogamma R7 there is even a channel for it if you look in the forums. I dont why people insist on using Cioscorp. It reeks havoc on your system. I simply have Waninkokos cIOS38 Rev14 and Neogamma R7 for loading backups and USB Loader GX for usb loading. No need to install Cioscorp. I have yet to find a dame NTSC or Pal that I cant play with these things.

I second that!
I sometimes hear horror stories about CiosCorp..
Tho those problems may have been fixed.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oxMUDxo said:
markedmanner said:

I second that!
I sometimes hear horror stories about CiosCorp..
Tho those problems may have been fixed.

Those horror stories were usually not really problems with CIOSCORP itself, but just noobs that don't understand what it actually does and how to deal with it when doing other things because it kinda affects EVERYTHING.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent