Hacking So, what kind of revolutions can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I'm a long time wondering about this. With software like SNEEK and Riivolution... can there be any other revolution on the wii in hacking terms.

I mean, we can play back-ups, through disc, sd and usb. We can emulate the DI with SNEEK. We can patch our games ourself with Riivolution. We can install any Channel we want... However, does this mean that the hacking scene is now dead?

discuss.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Majroa said:
can there be any other revolution on the wii in hacking terms.
Sure, why not? 'What will it be' is the proper question.

QUOTEHowever, does this mean that the hacking scene is now dead?
No. Why would it?

Majroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, we hacked everything we ever wanted to hack. Is there something(except GC usb loading) that you want for the wii, that isn't here already?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres still a lot of stuff that cant be done on the wii. to try to list it all would be pointless. right now there is more stuff we cant do than stuff we can. some of that stuff will become a reality. some of it wont.

the things i would like to see are
1) somebody figure out the banner animations and how to properly display them
2) a complete system menu replacement that we can compile ourselves. i dont care about the messaging and mail and wc24 shit, but it would be nice for it to be there for the sake of completeness.
3) more homebrew IOS modules such as the ones in sneek. with each module, we get more control of what data the games & system menu actually get. right now we have 3 and look what we can do with them. more is always better.

D

Deleted User

I think different people want different hacks. Some people want USB hub support cause 2 USB ports aren't enough for them. Other people would like to see other features. but just think about it, a lot of hacks could be developed further so they perform better, and I think that's really necessary for some hacks.

EDIT:
QUOTE said:
and I think that's really necessary for some hacks.

I don't want to be a jerk or something, if I had the time and knowledge I would really want to help the hacking scene.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
right now there is more stuff we cant do than stuff we can. some of that stuff will become a reality. some of it wont.
can you give a few examples, from your perspective, of what we can, and probably will, accomplish?

i mean, if you have time...these forums seemed to have just become exponentially more moderated, and who knows if this subject matter will be deemed forum-worthy.

[edit]

or i could just wait for your edit!

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full redirection of read/write operations to SD/USB would be nice. Something like Sneek except seamlessly integrated with the system menu and not slower than grandma with a broken hip.

i.e. Channels from external storage running directly from the system menu without having to manually run a nand emulator, saves being written to the sd card by default rather than having to transfer them manually, etc.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Complete OS replacement
- Complete FS replacement. IE: No IOS crap, boot past boot2 into our own environment.
- GC-USB loading.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask what it is you call the root key? And what it would make possible? Because, I believe, you're speaking of things you know nothing about.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Easier 3d modeling FTW!

as far as the wii scene has developed, editing games themselves has developed very little, with the exception of Brawl, NSMBW, and MKart Wii...

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
2) a complete system menu replacement that we can compile ourselves. i dont care about the messaging and mail and wc24 shit, but it would be nice for it to be there for the sake of completeness.

I would like to see that too, a Wiiflow-like menu, same as USb game selector.

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Omega191 said:
May I ask what it is you call the root key? And what it would make possible? Because, I believe, you're speaking of things you know nothing about.

QUOTE(giantpune @ May 13 2010, 01:07 AM) private RSA keys?

Right now we are entering the rooms throught holes, cracks, air vents... etc, once you have the Master key, you can flip the room (Wii) upside down or do whatever you want...

Kinda remind me of the cookie monster story lol

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I PeRsOnAlLy CuNt WaIt FuR:

+WiiMC 1.0.4 Bluray reader modz0r

+Breville toaster funtionality.

+wii vitality sensor fleshlight hack.

tongue.gif

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Now if only we can hack them and get them to stop talking. Is there a mod for that available for download?

yes, it called "yes dear" and you can use the proggy over and over and over....lol

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiHoney said:
Right now we are entering the rooms throught holes, cracks, air vents... etc, once you have the Master key, you can flip the room (Wii) upside down or do whatever you want...

Kinda remind me of the cookie monster story lol

The only new thing we'll be able to do is BootMii as boot2 on all Wiis. I wouldn't say:

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ May 12 2010, 07:45 PM) What I would LOVE to see is someone find the root key and then we could do nearly anything that the wii's cpu is capable of handling. First thought is all new boot2 to launch an OS that is sitting in a FAT partition on the NAND. It is totally possible even now, but with the root key it would make a million of things be even better.

Which led me to believe that he didn't know what he was talking about.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Actually, that is totally possible. It's actually possible now to change the nand to have a FAT partition and even create an OS to run on it. But that is a shit load of programming to do and no one would be willing to do it.

Having the root key would allow even more things to be done, especially it would allow bootmii in boot2 on all wii's.

Ooh, this is getting interesting. Firstly "finding the root key", I don't even know why you call it the root key, it's the private key we want, we have the public half already, and, how do you propose we go about finding it? Breaking into Nintendo HQ? Using a quantum computer? Even if we do manage to find it, explain how it would "make a million of things be even better"? As for the FAT partition, I never said it was impossible, I also don't see why you want even want to do that. And "especially it would allow bootmii in boot2 on all wii's.", thanks for repeating what I just said. You really have no idea what you're talking about. You pick up statements left behind by others as hard facts, and even go as far as to call people names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse