So what is this Wii Fit all about?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Yoshimashin, Jun 14, 2010.

Jun 14, 2010
  1. Yoshimashin
    OP

Member Yoshimashin Penguin Spy

United States
    Does this thing actually help you stay in shape or is it more for fat housewives that use it so they can pretend to be working out?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    It depends. There are a lot of training exercises in it, and if you follow the suggestions and practice for an hour on a daily basis, you can build some serious muscle (I got into a contest of doing 50 push-ups...and it wasn't even the highest 'difficulty'). Then again, if you slack off and only do some marble balance games, you're obviously not going to get in shape.

So in the end...it's my stance the fitness trainers are too friendly. Anything that can be considered "normal", and they'll praise you like you were some sort of Olympus athlete. Do poorly, and it's like they failed you.

No...if I had a hand in this game, the trainer would look like this: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Yeah. I mean, you'll obviously burn SOME calories, I mean you are moving, but the only strength training is stuff you can do without the Wii, like push-ups. The balance mini-games are fun, but don't provide any exercise, so if you see your fat housewife doing it, you know. Aerobics can be....mediocre at best.

It's really how I think of it: You don't actually start an exercise until you've broken a sweat. You will not break a sweat ever doing this.

4. Alex666

Member Alex666 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I dont think its that good either, but it really depends on your will to do something with it.
    It can help by supporting you and your will to stay in shape but not much more.
    Anyway id go with EA sports active its by far better than stupid wii fit [​IMG]
    But thats just my opinion ^^

PS: Ban the vuvuzelas!!! [​IMG]

5. PsychoticDust

Member PsychoticDust GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm already quite slim and in pretty good shape and I think Wii Fit is good, as long as you keep doing it. The game is what you make it and most people who comment don't play enough to feel the benefits. Don't take everything the trainers say to heart and the first time you do an exercise, have someone watch your stance to make sure you're doing it right. Oh and get Wii Fit Plus instead of Wii Fit, as it already has everything unlocked, has more exercises and is more customisable.

6. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're considering using a video game for fitness, then you probably NEED some fitness in your life.

Are you going to be a fucking stud in a week? No, but again, if you're looking into it, then it's probably better than whatever the fuck you're doing right now.

7. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Get Kinect later this year with some sports game or something... like your shape. or easa2

8. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If he already has a Wii, why would he go buy Wii-shittiest-features-HD mode for 360?

9. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    have you ever tried that houla hoop on hard mode ?

it'll make you sweat for sure [​IMG]

On Topic: It's called Wii Fit, to keep you fit, not to get a big ass body builder [​IMG]