Hacking So what happens next month?

pizzamanopenup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware that a lot of you guys are using flash carts and whatnot. I didn't get one because I was worried bricking rumors. But my question is this: is anyone worried that these rumors are true? What happens next month when the new update is released and half of you have bricked systems? I'm not trying to troll, I really do wish to know if this is a legitimate concern for anyone.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Haven't really tried playing flashcarts on my 3DS. I'm scared of these rumors too
frown.gif

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well i used my DSTWO on my 3DS for 4 hours and i didn t get any message and i don t think i will use it again lol i like 3DS more than DS :/
And no flashcards do not brick your system :l

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Elza said:
Well i used my DSTWO on my 3DS for 4 hours and i didn t get any message and i don t think i will use it again lol i like 3DS more than DS :/
:l
but Nintendo can.
sleep.gif
Can't it?

Edit: i found a flaw in your statement
And no flashcards do not brick your system
wink2.gif

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nobody who uses a flashcart is afraid of Nintendo's scare tactics because they know it's all bogus and would be illegal pretty much everywhere.

pizzamanopenup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of the legalities, I'm waiting for the update before I get a flash cart. If an evil wind blows and systems end up bricked, I just won't get one, but I'm waiting for that day.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not too worried about it right now. I got the 3DS because my DSPhat's battery crapped out on me . As it stands, i can play games from atari, Nes, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and Regular DS games. If in the next update they would not work due to flash card blocking, then the trade off right now would not be worth it for me. Just don't update till it's safe.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how my cart doesn't leave a trace and Nintendo can't brick my system even if it did, I'm not too worried. Just another member of the Alex Rider fan club!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've used my acekard for moonshell, but haven't played a game.
I'm not worried they're true. Well, the logical side of my brain isn't. There's still a small doubt, but my logic tells me they would never do it.
As to what happens? I'll probably wait for elza to update, and if it does brick (no chance) I'll trade mine in before updating.

Nintendo (EU) responded to this rumour with:
“We do not discuss product security details (for obvious reasons), nor can we discuss the details of countermeasures available in the Nintendo 3DS system. Nintendo 3DS has the most up-to-date technology. The security has been designed to protect both the creative works in the software and to protect the Nintendo 3DS hardware system itself”
Which, if you can read English at a more than topical level, means that they use anti-piracy measures to protect the hardware, not brick it.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
TechnoWorm said:
Haven't really tried playing flashcarts on my 3DS. I'm scared of these rumors too
frown.gif
really off-topic but what is the ascii in your sig supposed to be?
it looks sort of like this but can't figure out if this is a word or what...
ascii-sig.png

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Not played anything illegally or used a flashcart in my 3DS so im not worried at all.

I am however curious to see if the update does screw up something for people who have used a flashcart. loads of people were curious why nintendo released the 3ds a good few months before the "major" update and im betting its partly because they wanted a test period to see how best to attack the pirates. Im fairly confident whatever they do can be broken eventually but im still curious to see it.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Terenigma said:
Not played anything illegally or used a flashcart in my 3DS so im not worried at all.

I am however curious to see if the update does screw up something for people who have used a flashcart. loads of people were curious why nintendo released the 3ds a good few months before the "major" update and im betting its partly because they wanted a test period to see how best to attack the pirates. Im fairly confident whatever they do can be broken eventually but im still curious to see it.
The timing of the update in relation to e3 is interesting to me.
Maximum of 2 weeks between update and e3.
Could have something surprising for us.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
pizzamanopenup said:
I'm aware that a lot of you guys are using flash carts and whatnot. I didn't get one because I was worried bricking rumors. But my question is this: is anyone worried that these rumors are true? What happens next month when the new update is released and half of you have bricked systems? I'm not trying to troll, I really do wish to know if this is a legitimate concern for anyone.
Chance of:

Brickhammer--1%
Banhammer--50%
CartBlockhammer--80%

Those are my bets --we'll see next month.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have no use bricking your system because it would flood their support lines with "why is my system broken", also, they will lose potential game sales when your system doesn't work. If they just block the carts, that would be enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooN