So what happened with 4.0 hidden Nintendo´s updates?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Jun 18, 2009.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Just curious about those "hack breakers" updates, I was a little paranoid to turn on my WiiConnect24. It´s safe turn it on yet?

2. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Just install bootmii. If anything happens, just restore your NAND that you backed-up. [​IMG]

3. GamingMedley

Newcomer GamingMedley Newbie

United States
    The only thing that's happened to me on 4.0 is that games on the disc channel won't load. The Wii just resets when you click "Start."

(if anyone knows a fix, please tell; I've Googled the shit out of it and found nothing)

So I'm hoping there's some sort of HBC Disc Loader that'll load my legitimate Wii games (as opposed to all the pirated ones the loaders are made for).

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I have a backup of my NAND on my PC =P. The problem is that my PC is sooo slow, it takes about 1 hour transfer data to my SD -___-U

5. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    You have preloader? That happen to you right after 4.0 update, or time after (like suspect from a WiiConnect24 forced update)

6. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    There's one of those on the homebrew browser.

And btw guys, Nintendo could patch bootmii, so that isn't a solution. Just keep Wiiconnect24/7 off anyway. When it's on, your GPU stays on but not its fan, so in the long term is causes damage.

7. GamingMedley

Newcomer GamingMedley Newbie

United States
    I don't know when specifically it happened, as the games load seemingly at random. I've gotten them to play, but I couldn't tell you how. They'll play one day, and literally won't the next. If they don't load, and I try again, they still don't. I don't know what I do different to get them to load when they do. >_<
    But I just found what LIBWiiDiscLoader or something like that on HBB. I'll see if that works.

EDIT: and I don't have a preloader.

8. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I have the same problem, it could be lens fault. My GC disc don´t load at all =/

9. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How is it people still think that nintendo can force an update? They can't the system software simply does not support it not to mention the large volume of bricked wii's it would generate...... Say the wii started updating in the middle of a storm and then the power went out and that bricks the wii? Nintendo would be legally held responsible for this and be required to replace thesen unit's for free. that would be a major financial loss on there part if such issues were to occur. Put simply they will and can not force updates on the wii.

10. Reboot

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know for a fact my fan stays on, because its slightly off balance at the moment, and always makes racket, on or off.
    Edit: unless theres multiple fans?

11. geegee

Member geegee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The fan does not turn on in standby unless you have made some type of special physical alterations to your Wii.

The racket is probably something else. I got squirrel stuck in my chimney before (they can make a lot of noise); use some chicken wire to keep them out.

12. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Nothing happened to automatic updates because they never existed in the first place. It's kinda like the Boogey Man and all that.