NULL

So what do you think of FFIV so far

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CJL18, Jul 22, 2008.

1. twinkleface

twinkleface Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2008
    Philippines
    I can't understand it. I don't speak/read Japanese. I seem like a dense person.

2. Antihero2007

Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2007
    Can't understand what?

3. nin10do

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    yeah i'm having a hard time figuring the augments out myself.

4. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    i didn't use it yet, i'm saving it for later.
    but my guess is that the auto-potion works something like darkness.
    you set it in your ability window wherever you think is a good place, and in battle you select it(probably in page-2 of your ability list somewhere below defend by default).
    it will then cost 1 turn to activate but from moment of activation you'll recover using a potion whenever your health drops too much.

5. morcar

morcar GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2005
    Its not bad and stays true to the Snes version. I did like the little touchups they did with the music.

All in all to me its FF7 which makes me think are we going to get FF7 on the DS anytime soon.

6. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Go to Abilities, select your character, select an empty slot or replace a slot that you don't use i.e. Summon, and equip the augment. Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out. It's not like they made it rocket science or something. You also need to have potions available in your items inventory.

7. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I could use a bit of help with one thing:

When I use Libra, I'm not sure how to view the stats of the monsters I've analyzed. In FFIII, it listed everything right then and there, but since this is ATB, it requires a different method, of course, but lacking the game's manual, I'm sure what that is. [​IMG]

8. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    I think if target them with any spells/attacks it should give you the info at the bottom of the bottom screen.

9. skagamer

skagamer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2007
    United States
    This is my first experience with FFIV, having never played the GBA or SNES versions, and I have to say...this game is great. The story is engaging, it presents an actual challenge(rare these days), and personally...I think the graphics look well put together.

10. fenthwick

fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2007
    Need a lttle help here:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. aznboi104

aznboi104 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    some1 help T_T

12. ECJanga

ECJanga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    For the puppets I actually go all out.

Puppets:

Now about Golbez:

13. stefer

stefer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2007
    Canada
    What i hate is im trying to have 100% completion of dungeon maps and i seem to only be able to get 99% in most. [​IMG]

14. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    I think a lot of you guys are spoiled with newer RPGs.. I only died once so far (which was me being careless) and am a few hours in. I just got my fifth member (I dont think that spoils anything heh) so now my party is full for the first time. This game is not hard, Just have rydia use item Rod (or whatever weapon she has), cecil attack and the like.

15. tinymonkeyt

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    hmm. i feel really noobish for asking
    but can someone um share me their save file?
    it should be someone thats like maybe halfway through the game or so
    im using it in a vid (my previews for youtube)
    and i havent played very far :/

16. distorted.freque

distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Jan 31, 2008
    Canada
    Right about...here.
    Thanks guys! :3 I looked through some faq and all I kept seeing was how you should go to other places to train first. >_> I just kept DYING everywhere else. Jeez.

Tiny, I did upload a save file on the downloads section. It's pretty much crap though. The levels are mostly in their early twenties and I'm not sure about the equips. It's after you get the airship. Use at your own risk. [​IMG]

17. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States

18. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I think that, like it happens to most other games, it was a bit overhyped. Now people expect a lot more from it, and end up getting disappointed. I find it a pretty fun game, but that may be because I've never played the original so I don't know how much "worse" it is. I do agree that there's lag during battles, but for me, it hasn't been a huge problem.

19. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    the 99% thingy with maps is just some bad thinking at SE.
    it means there's still a 5x5 pixel or so piece undiscovered, usually around the edge of a view-range and literally in the middle of nowhere.
    the fog is the same color as the background on the map making it very hard to find out where that last 1% is.

hm, maybe someone can make a mod that changes the map or fog color?

20. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Im lovin this game so far - 8hrs in