So what do you think of FFIV so far

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CJL18, Jul 22, 2008.

1. jocelyn77

jocelyn77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere...
    it looks AWESOME! i tried to put it on my flashcart (firecard/n-card clone) but when i loaded it, a blank screen came up. any advice? i want it soooo badly!

2. nin10do

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    very true. you just need to level her up a bit and she's quite usefull. learns new spells fast.

3. Antihero2007

Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2007
    I wonder how many people will complain when Cecil changes, is his change classed as a spoiler? It's shown in the openning video.

4. heliuscc

heliuscc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2007
    Biggs and Wedge are on the Death Star run with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars (IV I suppose, a new hope) but always I to me.

5. Antihero2007

Mar 17, 2007
    The longer this topic goes on the further this Biggs and Wedge thing goes, if we go much deeper the fed's will close this forum down before we discover just how far this goes. Maybe just maybe it wasn't Adam and Eve, Maybe it was Bigg's and Wedge, I've said to much the walls are watching.

6. svnelvn

svnelvn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    so, does anybody know how auto-potion works? it was given by rosa but i have no idea how it works

about rydia being weak, i take that back
    turns out you could set her to atk with item->rod and it does an ok strong attack without using any mana. she really helps out the party
    (how could anybody have known.. i had to read the strategy guide on gamefaqs to learn this)

btw, there's been talk about slow frame rate during battle? i use dstt and it's smooth for me. maybe it only happens to certain cards? (r4?)

7. Antihero2007

Mar 17, 2007
    I've not seen any slow down yet, I'm using an M3 Simply, umm... I mean I'm using the real game which I bought!

8. Delfin

Delfin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    South Sweden
    So far I like the game for the most part (dislike mentioned below), I've never taken the oppertunity to play through FFIV before so this is entertaining and it seems good to me so far, bit high encounter rate tho but it's okay.

As for slow downs, only seeing minor slow downs when there is several effects in play during battles, like when there is six enemies and you cast something flashy on all of them, but it depends on the animations of the enemy and your party I guess. I got a CycloDS with a 4gb KINGSTON Japan, works great.

Now to the "bad";
    I don't mind difficult games, this one is definately harder than FF III DS to me (which is cool), but some of these bosses got horribly broken moves that sort off take the fun out of the game to fight, to me anyway.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. svnelvn

svnelvn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    some parts were meant to be played with a certain strategy
    the mom bomb part: you were supposed to cast protect on everybody, set all to defend and get edward to hide. nobody should die in that round, just cast cura on everybody afterwards

10. Delfin

Delfin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    South Sweden
    Pretty sure I didn't have Protect yet at that stage and everyone did defend with exception of Yang since he used Brace instead which is superior to it, everyone but him still died.

11. distorted.freque

distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Jan 31, 2008
    Canada
    Right about...here.
    I think I remembered seeing a question thread made for this but since I see more activity in this one I thought to ask here instead. Oh, and I haven't played any of the FF4 games before this. >_<

12. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York

13. Antihero2007

Mar 17, 2007
    Was Cid a playable character in the original? I thought he was just an NPC in this game.

14. Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    United States
    this isnt working on my m3 ds simply anyone all i get is a white screen anyone kno how to fix it?

15. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    I think people generally forget that you can use some weapons as items and it'll cost you no mp for casting a spell. This would be quite useful for the Dark Elf part.

Also, is the Simply and R4 the same? It works just fine on the R4 with the newest firmware. Try updating the firmware if you haven't.

16. Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    United States
    i cant find where the latest firmware is >

17. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States

18. Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    United States
    thanks it works! [​IMG]

19. fenthwick

fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2007

*wink*

20. Antihero2007

Mar 17, 2007
    How many difference's have people noticed between this and the original.