Gaming So what do you think of FFIV so far

jocelyn77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks AWESOME! i tried to put it on my flashcart (firecard/n-card clone) but when i loaded it, a blank screen came up. any advice? i want it soooo badly!

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
leathco said:
svnelvn said:
this first girl who joins the party, what a weakfuck, she dies in 2 hits
hate2.gif

Just like the original....you gotta protect her.

1. Move her to back row.
2. Keep her defending til she levels up a few times, using Cecil to attack.

Her magic comes in rather handy later.

very true. you just need to level her up a bit and she's quite usefull. learns new spells fast.

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how many people will complain when Cecil changes, is his change classed as a spoiler? It's shown in the openning video.

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Biggs and Wedge are on the Death Star run with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars (IV I suppose, a new hope) but always I to me.

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
heliuscc said:
Biggs and Wedge are on the Death Star run with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars (IV I suppose, a new hope) but always I to me.

The longer this topic goes on the further this Biggs and Wedge thing goes, if we go much deeper the fed's will close this forum down before we discover just how far this goes. Maybe just maybe it wasn't Adam and Eve, Maybe it was Bigg's and Wedge, I've said to much the walls are watching.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, does anybody know how auto-potion works? it was given by rosa but i have no idea how it works

about rydia being weak, i take that back
turns out you could set her to atk with item->rod and it does an ok strong attack without using any mana. she really helps out the party
(how could anybody have known.. i had to read the strategy guide on gamefaqs to learn this)

btw, there's been talk about slow frame rate during battle? i use dstt and it's smooth for me. maybe it only happens to certain cards? (r4?)

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
svnelvn said:
so, does anybody know how auto-potion works? it was given by rosa but i have no idea how it works

about rydia being weak, i take that back
turns out you could set her to atk with item->rod and it does an ok strong attack without using any mana. she really helps out the party
(how could anybody have known.. i had to read the strategy guide on gamefaqs to learn this)

btw, there's been talk about slow frame rate during battle? i use dstt and it's smooth for me. maybe it only happens to certain cards? (r4?)

I've not seen any slow down yet, I'm using an M3 Simply, umm... I mean I'm using the real game which I bought!

Delfin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
delfin.zapto.org
XP
Country
So far I like the game for the most part (dislike mentioned below), I've never taken the oppertunity to play through FFIV before so this is entertaining and it seems good to me so far, bit high encounter rate tho but it's okay.

As for slow downs, only seeing minor slow downs when there is several effects in play during battles, like when there is six enemies and you cast something flashy on all of them, but it depends on the animations of the enemy and your party I guess. I got a CycloDS with a 4gb KINGSTON Japan, works great.

Now to the "bad";
I don't mind difficult games, this one is definately harder than FF III DS to me (which is cool), but some of these bosses got horribly broken moves that sort off take the fun out of the game to fight, to me anyway.

What comes to mind is Mom Bomb's self destruct, it killed everyone but Yang (due to Brace) for me and after there is six more bombs to kill.. and the second commander to Golbaz (Cagnazzo or something) and his Tsunami spam, it has added status effect Death with a seemingly high ratio all while doing ~800+ damage to everyone except Cecil with Shell and Defending (did 200 to him then but the rest still gets screwed).

Adding the Death effect to that is a bit too much to me considering it already does so much damage.. oh well I will still try again soon when I'm no longer annoyed by getting rolled over by cheap moves.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some parts were meant to be played with a certain strategy
the mom bomb part: you were supposed to cast protect on everybody, set all to defend and get edward to hide. nobody should die in that round, just cast cura on everybody afterwards

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think I remembered seeing a question thread made for this but since I see more activity in this one I thought to ask here instead. Oh, and I haven't played any of the FF4 games before this. >_<

I just got the airship and I'm supposed to go to this place...can't remember the name...Anyway, I got there and found out that the crystal was stolen by some dark elf. He's supposed to be hiding in a cave where metallic armor and weapons will paralyze the person. That means I have to make my characters wear weaker items. Should I go somewhere else first and strengthen my characters? And what items should my characters be wearing before I go to the cave? (I've already had them change into leather clothing.)

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
distorted.frequency said:
I think I remembered seeing a question thread made for this but since I see more activity in this one I thought to ask here instead. Oh, and I haven't played any of the FF4 games before this. >_<

I just got the airship and I'm supposed to go to this place...can't remember the name...Anyway, I got there and found out that the crystal was stolen by some dark elf. He's supposed to be hiding in a cave where metallic armor and weapons will paralyze the person. That means I have to make my characters wear weaker items. Should I go somewhere else first and strengthen my characters? And what items should my characters be wearing before I go to the cave? (I've already had them change into leather clothing.)
Your supposed to unequip all metal equipment from members. Cecil has the most metal, meaning no sword or armor. Cid's hammer is wooden, so it can stay. Yang's claws also seem to work. The basic strategy of the cave is to use Yang and Tellah as your main, Cecil for healing, and Cid as a backup attacker.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think people generally forget that you can use some weapons as items and it'll cost you no mp for casting a spell. This would be quite useful for the Dark Elf part.

Also, is the Simply and R4 the same? It works just fine on the R4 with the newest firmware. Try updating the firmware if you haven't.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GameDragon said:
distorted.frequency said:

Your supposed to unequip all metal equipment from members. Cecil has the most metal, meaning no sword or armor. Cid's hammer is wooden, so it can stay. Yang's claws also seem to work. The basic strategy of the cave is to use Yang and Tellah as your main, Cecil for healing, and Cid as a backup attacker.

*wink*
You shouldn't worry about the armor that much as you get the chance to equip them after you get defeated by his first shape. A good tactic against his firts spell casting shape is to use reflect on your character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night