sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty good excluding the 99% map bug, little spot which takes you forever to get ><
(OFFTOPIC) Any suggestions how to get the spots covered to make 100%?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Active you don't have to wait per turn as it were, once the bar is full and you decide your move, it'll perform it wheras wait, once the bar is full, it'll wait for the previous command to finish. Same with enemies afaik.
Speed 1 and Active is where it's at if you don't like waiting about.

I think this is a really great remake so far and is way better than III and I hope they skip V and just bring us VI next! Camera is really well done and makes the cut scenes very cinematic.
Just beat the underground lake boss.

Oh yeah people saying it's hard just defend with Rydia all the time and attack with Cecil, mass heal with Rydia when needed. Grind with this until you get to Tellah and your set!

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
i thought it was..meh.
i guess im not that big of a fan to FF.
this game seemed like it could've cameout before FFCC:RoF
*waits for FF fanboys/girls to attack*

*creates gigantic muffin shield*

My favorite FF was Dirge of Cerberus because of its awesome non-RPGness.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know the japanese version did a wonderful job of remaking FFIV. I'm sure the English version did the same as well. I just hope their voices dont sound emo and dumb.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm enjoying it so far. Much more than the III remake anyway.
And what's this framerate issue people seem to be having? I haven't noticed any drops myself.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's great so far. My only criticism is the whole "get a reward for revealing the whole map" thing which seems to almost negate the need to buy things from potion shops. One of the very first caves gave me a reward of 3 tents which from memory is actually quite valuable that early in the game.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
(based on the 10 or so hours I've spent in the J version)

It's good, but could have been way better. I wish they've changed the layout of some caves and areas, FFIV is a 17-yr old game and began showing its ago long, long time ago. Game design mechanics have evolved long time since then, there was no excuse to leave them so copy-pasted like. It would've made it so much more appealing to those who've played the game already (kind of like Resident Evil GC over the original).

I think a good example of how old the game design feels happens right on Baron Castle - you hit the blatantly-obvious switch over there and the wall just DISAPPEARS. That "rock door" on the beggining of FFIII's cave slowly dove through the ground, yet the wall in FFIV simply evaporates - just like it happened in the original game. You see where I'm getting at?

Cutscenes and narrative are way better tha original and the AutoBattle is a gift from God, but damn, how I wish they've changed those boring and archaic dungeons.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zarcon said:
I'm enjoying it so far. Much more than the III remake anyway.
And what's this framerate issue people seem to be having? I haven't noticed any drops myself.
The framerate drops during the battles. (look closely)

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ferrariman said:
The framerate drops during the battles. (look closely)
I thought this only happened in slow-reading cards, like mine (R4 with 2GB). So the framerate is somewhat "choppy" even on the original game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U