Hacking So, what can I do?

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have an old xbox collecting dust and I figured it would be a fun project to see what hacks I can do to it. I know a few years ago I hacked the DVD drive with LT+ (Not sure what version) but this does mean that I have the DVD keys and other files related to it.

As far as the Xbox itself, after looking at some charts online I'm pretty sure I have a Jasper model motherboard. The DVD Drive as I recall is a Hitachi. As far as the Dashboard version, and this is where my stupidity comes in, I updated it to v2.0.16537.0 and as far as my understanding goes this limits me in what I can do.

I'm not exactly too caught up with the Xbox 360 scene and this is sort of a spur of the moment type of thing so, what are my options? And what can I do with those options?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nothing.
J/k ;p

Jaspers don't come with Hitachi's, Liteon only.

I'd say RGH it.
If you don't care about XBLive.

CR4 and JRunner programmer is needed to do it yourself.

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, looking into the RGH slightly seems like it similar to a jTag in that you can install the custom dashboards and run homebrew and such which is cool. Have you installed one before? Im more or less interested in how easy it is to solder since like, I just recently taught myself how to solder and I have a pretty cheap iron but I'm sure I could do it if I take my time with it.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are easy to solder in even for beginners. Just make sure to have some flux on hand if some contacts are being picky.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RGH is the same thing as JTAG.
Well.. it achieves the same thing that is, running unsigned code.

Soldering the points is still a tad tricky, you need a small tipped iron for sure, but it's nothing to complex.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0