so, we can't talk about rom realted sites eh??

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tac 21, Sep 16, 2008.

Sep 16, 2008
  1. Tac 21
    OP

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm having a problem with a partiticular one and I don't know where to go to voice my question.

it's been telling me for days that "dload lmit has reached, check back in 2 days before our servers come up" blahblah. the thing is I haven't downloaded shit in this computer for months! so why is it acting up and what can I do about it because I replied on that website to get copies of my games.

2. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Find a new one.

3. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    How about you buy games from your local video game store and stop complaining that you can't get something for free that isn't meant to be free in the first place.

4. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

How bout you stop trying to be tough? Give me one reason why you joined this site. Or hell, why anybody joined this site. To pirate. So saying to someone on a pirating site, "Go out and buy the real game" is like, Kodewerx saying, "We don't allow Action Replay codes."

5. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    lol, I agree when you say he should stop playing the "OH LOOKZ I HAVE SUNGLASSES" (??), but many people joined this site for different reasons than those you exposed. Actually, there's no need at all to join here if you wanna get illegal ROMs...

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Actually Tc 21 isn't complaining at all!! He came to ask for advice, and to see if there's anyone other with the same problem..

You buy all your games? Really, what are you dong here if you're so strongly against pirating.......

EDIT: Just to make it sure, I know this site isn't all about pirating, and that you can talk about games, systems and other stuff, but I meant, why are you here if you're bothered by people who pirate?

7. SkyintheSea

Member SkyintheSea GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Tac 21 Google is your best friend.

8. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    yerp, thats right

9. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    The site gets annoyed when you stick a sign on it's back virtually speaking "kick me".

So while every last one of us is a f**king cheap c**t and we download every last game simply because not one of us gives a damn, posting links makes the site vulnerable to nasty people that like to beat up thieving bastards like us.

So I can teach all the finer basics of being a downloading swine, tell you aaaaaall about it, I can't show you where I shop for free online.

I guess they haven't been able to write a law yet that makes it illegal to teach you how to steal.

10. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sure they could, but we have something in the states called the Bill of Rights.

11. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    how about gamefags

12. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    holy shit, I love what I started.

haha to the last post.. very funny, I don't care too much for nazi germa- eh.. uhh... gamefaqs.

google sucks and is owned by pigs who leave out all the good stuff. I've tried it already.

relax- I did come here to just to ask a simple question.. I love it how a bulk of like 5% of the accounts on this site are all like "TROLZZ, GO TO BUY THE GAME." and while GBAtemps intent was not for prates, the intent of the existence of this site is DAMN close to pirating, and for that, I salute.

I'm not one of those selfish ass people who ALWAYS have to put what flashcarts they have, what games their currently playing, and what firmware their running. You can find that a lot around here. I think people like to look for competition on who has most nerdy things. Don't worry, I won't be one of those selfish people.

totally hilarious. Never thought of it that way.

13. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Yeah I think about the same with the sig lines comment.

I doodled up the graphic in my sig as a sort of personality chart actually. Each image is something specific to my over all nature.

14. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Actually I joined this site to try to promote one of my homebrew applications. I bet i'm not the only person on the site who didn't sign up to talk about piracy.

I just find it irritating when people complain about how they can't download the latest games the very second they hit the stores, or in your case, how their favourite 1337 r0mz site is down/crap/whatever. Or even when they complain that the game they downloaded for FREE doesn't work on their card, when the simple solution is to just go and buy the game, then you will have it when it is released and it will work with your hardware. I don't see what anyone has to complain about when they're not paying for anything.

15. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Lol, spinal, the promotion worked. It was my first homebrew download. Ever.
    I joined up GBAtemp cause I didn't know about the existance of NDS-Themes.com at the time.
    Then they told me to buy a decent flashcard and I did.
    Thats kinda un-related to roms... right?

Also... 1000th Post! w00t!

16. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    haha. thats nice spinal.

but when something doesn't work- i would like to know WHY it doesn't and what I can do to fix it. I don't just bitch- I do and I do so under the sites rules. therefore I am making sure.

17. Osaka

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You accidentally went to the wrong site. here, I'll link you to your proper destination------------------------------------------------> Here

18. Twiggy12

Member Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i dont know to much but u said on THAT computer so maybe its the IP address cos isnt it the internet not the comp that makes the IP adress or if u hav a profile on that site so try searching roms on google or nds roms cos i know 3-4 sites for ds roms and thats cos i got friends [​IMG]

19. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Maybe you should reread it, it only works on governments, not websites.

20. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Websites make laws? What?