So... VC Injection isn't necessarily working in the way I had hoped it'd work...

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by epicmartin7, Mar 5, 2016.

1. epicmartin7
    OP

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys. So, I'm having somewhat of an issue trying to get certain games to work via VC Injection.

From what I've heard, Virtual Console titles have a beta GBA Emulator within them. Now, they're apparently subpar and will only run games that are under 4 MB. So figured I'd experiment (out of curiosity) and inject a GBA game (under 4MB) via HANS.

After see a lot of people being successful with this kind of thing, I thought it would work.

Well, when it was about to boot-up, it crashed on load-up. I've tried modifying several things (like using different ROMs, etc.), but it still keeps on crashing.

Does anyone happen to know what's causing the problem at all? I'm genuinely curious about this and it seems odd that this does happen.

2. Sciduck

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
    Have you patched AGB_FIRM on sysNAND/emuNAND? Golden Sun 2 is 16MB and is working perfectly fine for me.
    Edit: Just noticed you mentioned HANS injection, I don't know then.

Last edited by Sciduck, Mar 5, 2016
    epicmartin7 likes this.
  3. epicmartin7
    OP

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    I'm actually not talking about the AGB_FIRM at all. I'm talking about this from the 1 Year Old The general VC rom injection thread (NES,GB/C/A etc.).
    It says there's a beta GBA Emulator that resides in VC games.
    After seeing that kind of injection was possible, I though I'd try and replicate it for some type of experiment. Well, when I inject my GBA Rom, it crashes the application. Since injection is possible as proven by the picture above, it should be theoretically possible to do with HANS. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what kind of issue is prevent me from doing this.

4. HowDoI?

HowDoI? GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    truy smaler romm myaeb