• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So, uh... the gas prices

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's why a lot of the time I don't really reply to him, because all I have to do is exist and he'll reply with some mentally ill copium.

At this point I'm using it as a healthy outlet for my need to diminish people. Certain people you can't reason with, so you might as well sprinkle some self therapy in there to make it enjoyable.

While you're entirely correct, there's a necessary distinction to make imo in that republicans (and conservatives in general, especially the rising far right contingent within them) pretty much write their policies and platforms on vibes. It's why every right wing political position is neurotic, indescribable shit like "family values" and so on. Every one of them have to virtue signal to their constituents about how much they fellate the hypocritical "founding fathers," how an outdated piece of paper governs their lives, their dedication to a religion, and so on and so forth.

It's exceedingly dumb, not to mention ridiculous, that so many people who just kinda believe in whatever the fuck they make up at that moment have arbitrarily decided that all progress is bad, because their misinterpretation of the Bible says so, or because some rich oil baron/energy sector shitdick told them to hold such a stance. Hell, just look at the arguments you hear from the energy lobby against nuclear and green power.

Dead on. They're smart in the fact that they dug their claws into this psuedo 1950's style of family values and blind nationalism *hiding* this impending reach of oppressive Christianity and successfully instilled it into generations of families all across America to solidify their footing. Now that the newer generations of non Republicans are becoming more and more numerous and outspoken, it's creating this societal shift and this new age dynamic of self value over all and conservatives are clearly not happy. It's becoming harder and harder to control people en masse, which shifts the global perspective, not to mention America's.

What I find the most horrifying is how some of these Republican ideals are becoming less stigmatized; concepts like racism, sexism, classism, so on and such, are becoming synonymous with the Republican party and people are just like, ok with it. These people are not embarrassed, they wear their hatred with pride, and it's just ok because they're allowed to spew their vitriol because of the first amendment.

I'm a firm believer that while everyone has a right to freedom of speech, not everyone should be given a platform from which to announce it en masse.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead on. They're smart in the fact that they dug their claws into this psuedo 1950's style of family values and blind nationalism *hiding* this impending reach of oppressive Christianity and successfully instilled it into generations of families all across America to solidify their footing. Now that the newer generations of non Republicans are becoming more and more numerous and outspoken, it's creating this societal shift and this new age dynamic of self value over all and conservatives are clearly not happy. It's becoming harder and harder to control people en masse, which shifts the global perspective, not to mention America's.
I believe that if your platform isn't built on something tangible and demonstrable, you shouldn't have it as a politician. IE, if you go around talking about "family values," you should be able to name at least five specific things and with each, reasons why they're important that fall under that umbrella. American politics' obsession with fucking buzzwords in everything is the stupidest shit ever, and it's even more stupid that people fall for this shit. All you have to do is say something like "small government" and a bunch of people will soy out in excitement for it before they get fucked to hell by corporations revoking their right to repair their tractors and trucks, and their tax dollars go to another war with some country in the middle east.

All around revolting system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.