Hacking so uh somebody help me out here <3

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just recently got a usb hd (1 terabyte c:) and considering it's much better to use this rather than DVD-Rs, I figured I'd just do that.

So like, I have a general idea of what I need. I have the boot.dol file for the USB Loader, and I have the Wii Backup Manager configured to my drive, but I've run into one problem. Some guys recommended I double-partition this guy, since it's so large and all. They gave me instructions on how to create two separate volumes on Windows XP, and I tried following their directions until it basically said I had to wipe the hd of all my stuff (which is about 200GB worth of stuff right now).

So my question for you guys is, is there anyway to add two separate partitions on this drive without first wiping it completely? I wanted to dedicated maybe 300GB to Wii games, and the rest to be used by my computer (since I know it's possible to do that), I just don't know HOW to do that.

Oh, and if I'm just way off, help me out here. D: I really don't know what I'm doing; all I know is that I want to be able to put Wii games and my movies or anime on this hd, if that's possible. ;___;

Thanks.

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to double post, but at this point I don't care if I lose my stuff.

I just want to know how to create multiple partitions. I have XP Home Edition.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to ask that here. google will turn up thousands of different ways to partition a hard drive.

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I hadn't already tried, I wouldn't be asking here, now would I?

But let me further evaluate for you: All results I've found direct to Vista or XP Pro, and I only have XP, so I'm out of the know.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
partition magic, buy it or download "a totally awesome free copy".

Run the software, create whatever partition you want size wise, make one, two, eight WHATEVER.

I recommend two. The first one needs to be your potential WFBS drive.

Create the WFBS either when connected to ur PC with WBFS manager, or with your WII under USB loader.

Wynd

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gingy said:
If I hadn't already tried, I wouldn't be asking here, now would I?
good call - the gbatemp forums dedicated to the wii does seem like the most obvious place to search for information on partitioning hard drives on windows home edition...silly pune.

QUOTE(Gingy @ Apr 5 2010, 07:28 PM) But let me further evaluate for you: All results I've found direct to Vista or XP Pro, and I only have XP, so I'm out of the know.
after elaborating your problem for a while, i'd agree with wyndcrosser.

godspeed, gingy.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get this:- Free Magic Partition Manager Software - EASEUS Partition Master

From here:- http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

Partition it as you really care.

You could go all 100% FAT32, 50/50 FAT32/WBFS, or even 2 of FAT32, or a mix with NTFS.

You only need FAT32 (and maybe WBFS) for the Wii. Dont bother with NTFS for Wii stuff.

IF you choose to go FAT32/WBFS combo, then the FAT32 partition should be the 1st partition, both should be primary, and the 1st partiton (FAT32) should also be active. helps with compatabilty with USB loaders etc.

Have fun...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.