So, to those what updated to 5.5.2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Felek666, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Felek666
    OP

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    What works and what doesn't work homebrew-vise.
    We already know that Browserhax doesn't work but what else has been patched/made useless?
    Oh look, CBHC spoofing works. NNID works for me atleast but I'm on 5.5.1 anyways.

2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    What happens if the Wii U downloaded the update to 5.5.2 while you were playing a game, then you turn the Wii U off and then upon boot, wants to install it. Is there any way to get rid of the download, because at this point, if it's already downloaded, disconnecting from the internet now would be useless.

3. Felek666
    OP

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Hold B while booting Wii U to boot into vWii then exit to Wii U menu and setup a DNS Block.

HugaTheFox likes this.
  4. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    That's not what he's asking though..

Well, several things can be done beforehand. When turning in the Wii U, assuming no update has been downloaded yet, you can enter download management and set the downloading to pause. That, and I read somewhere long time ago that system update downloads only on standby mode unless you click the system update button obviously. So as long as you're playing, you're good (providing the info is correct, if not just pause it.

If you are asking now how to delete it. As in, it already downloaded but not installed, check download management. Can't remember if there was an option (besides pausing) to delete it. Click on it and see if there is a delete button. Otherwise you're out of luck afaik. Though I suppose it's stores somewhere on nand, so technically with ftpiiu_everywhere it could be done

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  5. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    Last edited by Hielkenator2, Jul 18, 2017
  6. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I'm on 5.5.2; had haxchi installed already, can access to HBL just fine, I even can boot CFW Haxchi, I haven't tried every Homebrew app but I can play games and injected VC normally.

Felek666 likes this.
  7. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    So if I play online, its safe to say I can update to 5.5.2 ? I have Haxchi set up from a DS game bought on the store unsure which method that is exactly but I do know it runs offline

Last edited by AshleyCummings, Jul 19, 2017
  8. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Yep

9. pokebud

pokebud Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2012
    United States
    If I'm using rednand is it ok to update to 5.5.2 and do I update from rednand?

The method used to get to rednand is Haxchi DS Game>Mocha>Rednand

Sysnand is disconnected from the net Rednand is not

10. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    You can't update rednand to 5.5.2 it will give an error. Just go ahead and update after that it won't automatically update anymore. Use nnupatcher as homebrew to access eshop or download game/update and play online even you are in 5.5.1. That's strange, isn't it?

Edit: My rednand is unlinked from sysnand.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jul 19, 2017
  11. iwantromslol

iwantromslol Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    I willingly updated to 5.5.2. I was on 5.5.1 using BrowserHax. I installed Haxchi and went through with the update, everything is working perfect. Inevitably a new browser exploit will come along so I'm not too worried about it.

Smash is working fine online via Haxchi on 5.5.2 I can confirm that much.

EDIT: Also when modding my other Wii U, I couldn't force Smash to play on 5.5.1E even with a forced update.. since the game requires the system to be up to date. Unless I'm completely messing it up, it might look like it's impossible to play Smash online without Haxchi on 5.5.2 (for now..)

Last edited by iwantromslol, Jul 19, 2017
  12. pokebud

pokebud Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2012
    United States
    Thanks but I don't understand what you mean?

Also how do I check if my rednand and sysnand are unlinked?

13. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Alright boyos i already set up Haxchi, ignored CBHC since quickstart Haxchi into HBL into Mocha seems to be quite fast so i'm gonna go ahead and force my Wii U to update, see if something explodes or not like that other guy in another thread said.

14. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Just throwing it out there, did you update your Smash to 1.1.7?

15. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    did some testing and Haxchi to Mocha works just fine, Fake Sig DLC works fine, Fake Sig Eshop games work fine, Fake Sig VC games work fine, Injected VC games work just fine, Hid to Vpad works just fine. It's safe to assume any other homebrew like Saviine would work too, not sure about TCPGecko i got tired and i'll test it tomorrow.

KiiWii likes this.
  16. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Rearrange the icon layout on both nands. If it's exactly the same, it's linked.

pokebud likes this.
  17. pokebud

pokebud Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2012
    United States
    oh ok cool, yeah they're different one has a folder called SYSNAND the other doesn't, thanks for clarifying.

So about rednand, just ignore the update for now and use the DNS block?

18. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Out of region games play fine, HBC on home menu works, vWii went unchanged and TCPgecko still works. Basically nothing if you have CBHC, you have no reason not to update.

19. iwantromslol

iwantromslol Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    Yeah. Seems like other people have it working. I've never used Haxchi but after installing it for 5.5.2 it's more clean than BrowserHax anyways. I upgraded both :)

H1B1Esquire likes this.