Hardware So, this is quite strange.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this controller, which is a PS3 Gamestop Afterglow wired controller. When this controller is plugged in, it will cause any PS3 to freeze after about 1 hour and 34 minutes. It's so weird. Let me explain how I came to realize this. So, in June, my previous controller gave out, so I went and bought another one (I prefer the ergonomic shape of the Gamestop ones ). Shortly after that, while I was playing Kingdom Hearts 2.5, my console froze. I didn't think much of it. So, after rebooting it a couple times and having it freeze again each time, I decided to start testing things to see what the problem could be. During testing, I found that it would always freeze at about 1 hour and 34 minutes. So, after failing to pinpoint whether it was a hardware or software problem, I bought a new PS3 and performed a system transfer. The exact same issue arose with the new PS3, so I decided it must be a software problem. So, I wiped the system and gave my old PS3 to my nephew, telling him to make sure he saves his games and reboots the console every hour or so to avoid crashes. I also gave him the wired controller. Well, he eventually decided to buy himself a dualshock and, after that, the freezing problem disappeared for him. I didn't think anything of it and wrote it off as him just getting lucky the problem solved itself. Well, today he came over and brought the wired controller for multiplayer and, of course, my PS3 (the new one) suddenly had the freezing problem. I was baffled. So, realizing the controller was the only consistent variable in all these events, I decided to test it out. On all 4 of the systems I tested, this controller being plugged in will cause the systems to crash after about 1:34. I have no idea how the system's software operates, but I find this controller's ability to crash the system very strange. Just thought Of share this bizarre story and also ask if anyone here might be able to explain how exactly this is possible. Hopefully, I'm in the right area for this kind of post. So, any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night