Gaming So there's a new firmware update...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
My friend's got 3.55 CFW and he's online.

Lolwut?

If he hasn't turned off his PS3 since the update was released, his system should still be able to access the internet. ie: My bro was on normal 3.55 online for a few hours after the update released.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
DarkMario616 said:
My friend's got 3.55 CFW and he's online.

Lolwut?

If he hasn't turned off his PS3 since the update was released, his system should still be able to access the internet. ie: My bro was on normal 3.55 online for a few hours after the update released.
Correction, he had to sign out and that was all, as soon as you clicked sign out, you had to update or no online... No system turn off required.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Did the guy who got banned from BO have CFW?
hmm i wonder if he tried playing the backup and not the original disc
i have the original disk and i updated to 1.06 and my backup PS3 has Kmeaw CFW and i was playing it earlier with the legit
disk :/

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Did the guy who got banned from BO have CFW?
no idea, im guessing he was just cheating in mp matches and the new update finally got him banned (only from the black ops servers though)

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, you pirates that are cheating online and pirating ps3 games can't update, boo ***** hoo ps3 pirates

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is many reports of ps3's which had cfw 3.55 (any ver) and upgraded straight to 3.56, are now bricked
many people are urging to reinstall 3.55 ofw from the recovery menu and wipe everything if you plan to go to 3.56 ofw

there is also a rumor circulating that 3.56 disables the ability to install fw updates from external memory
only game discs and psn are the only way to obtain fw updates now
its not confirmed yet

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
there is many reports of ps3's which had cfw 3.55 (any ver) and upgraded straight to 3.56, are now bricked
many people are urging to reinstall 3.55 ofw from the recovery menu and wipe everything if you plan to go to 3.56 ofw

there is also a rumor circulating that 3.56 disables the ability to install fw updates from external memory
its not confirmed yet

XFD pwned pirates

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
its not confirmed yet

I don't like the sound of that

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
Oh no, you pirates that are cheating online and pirating ps3 games can't update, boo ***** hoo ps3 pirates

Someone's butt hurt over something.

Even with 'signed' packages or whatever it's called, could Sony really make it so you could only get FW updates from discs/online? Sounds fishy.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Sylar1 said:

Even with 'signed' packages or whatever it's called, could Sony really make it so you could only get FW updates from discs/online? Sounds fishy.

Not butthurt, the only butthurt are you ps3 pirates

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Sylar1 said:

its possible

did many people even use the usb update function before the whole hacking thing?

Ive only used it once and that was too install 3.41 to update from 3.15 to allow jailbreak devices to run

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
DarkMario616 said:
Sylar1 said:

Lol okay, we're all pirates. Hell if you ever read this topic, I don't HAVE CFW.

Second, the back up launcher isn't 100%

Most people are using it for homebrew.

There are only a few people using backups and a small amount using hacks.

It's not uncommon to meet cheaters, you lost in the dinosaur era? I bet you download music, hypocrite.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Sylar1 said:
DarkMario616 said:
Sylar1 said:

Lol okay, we're all pirates. Hell if you ever read this topic, I don't HAVE CFW.

Second, the back up launcher isn't 100%

Most people are using it for homebrew.

There are only a few people using backups and a small amount using hacks.

It's not uncommon to meet cheaters, you lost in the dinosaur era? I bet you download music, hypocrite.

Actually i "get" ds games, but unlike you i'm not a devil ps3 hacker. don't lie badly to cover up your ps3 pirating, pervert

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol now I'm a pervert, this is too funny.

You must be trollin' because what's the difference between downloading DS games and PS3 games? Not one difference (well besides two different systems

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Lol now I'm a pervert, this is too funny.

You must be trollin' because what's the difference between downloading DS games and PS3 games? Not one difference (well besides two different systems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny