Hacking So there are no ways to Undo the Semi-Brick...

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Until the English version comes out with its update, am I correct?

That would be pure speculation at this time. Wait until the game actually comes out and someone will be able to provide you with an answer.

I do think however, that updating your Wii with the NTSC-J firmware is not a good idea and may cause some ill effects down the road when the game actually comes out.

RedEyesKirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any method known that you can downgrade your firmware like the PSP?
Or I guess better yet, are any groups working on one?

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any method known that you can downgrade your firmware like the PSP?
Or I guess better yet, are any groups working on one?

Unfortunately (and to my best knowledge, and I have very little), there is no known method of downgrading the Wii, which is exactly why I have not attempted to the get NTSC-J version running on my own Wii. I think it may be actually harmful to upgrade your system's firmware with another region's firmware.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah,

So far, no downgrade method and not a good idea update with another's region update (although under some circunstances doesn't seem to produce any ill effects other than duplicate channels).

USUALLY updating with a higher-version firmware update solves the problem.

But, of course, if you have a semi-brick Wii that is already at 3.1 firmware version .... well, there are no new updates available, so you would have to wait for one to (probably) fix your problems.

If you had a semi-brick 3.0e or below PAL console running the game Wii Chess PAL could probably solve it.

If you had a semi-brick 3.0j or below Japanese console, running the smash bross or wii fit NTSC-J updates would probably fix it.

If you had a semi-brick 3.0u or below USA console, I don't know of any games that carry the 3.1u update for sure. Any one knows? I think Donkey Kong Jet Racer NTSC-U might, or maybe No More Heroes NTSC-U, but don't know for sure.

And again, if your semi-brick console is already 3.1 ... since there are no 3.2 or later upgrades yet ... well, there is no way to try to fix it
frown.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah,

So far, no downgrade method and not a good idea update with another's region update (although under some circunstances doesn't seem to produce any ill effects other than duplicate channels).

USUALLY updating with a higher-version firmware update solves the problem.

But, of course, if you have a semi-brick Wii that is already at 3.1 firmware version .... well, there are no new updates available, so you would have to wait for one to (probably) fix your problems.

If you had a semi-brick 3.0e or below PAL console running the game Wii Chess PAL could probably solve it.

If you had a semi-brick 3.0j or below Japanese console, running the smash bross or wii fit NTSC-J updates would probably fix it.

If you had a semi-brick 3.0u or below USA console, I don't know of any games that carry the 3.1u update for sure. Any one knows? I think Donkey Kong Jet Racer NTSC-U might, or maybe No More Heroes NTSC-U, but don't know for sure.

And again, if your semi-brick console is already 3.1 ... since there are no 3.2 or later upgrades yet ... well, there is no way to try to fix it
frown.gif

I can say for sure that there is no update included with No More Heroes (NTSC-U). At least I was not prompted to do so when I played the game. Not sure about Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (NTSC-U) tho.

retro7

Trophies
XP
Country
Ey, for fixing semi-bricks you can go in Maintenance mode. Just power on your wii and at the initial health warning message hold down both the + and - buttons, then press A. You should see a message saying "Youa re in maintenance mode". Now you can go to options a format your wii.

I haven´t tried (since a haven't semibricked it), but people says it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gy8gWC6Dg

**Just if you have Wii v 3.0 or newer.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some people have reported success fixing a semi-brick on a PAL console caused by the Smash Bross update by running the update from Donkey Kong Jet Racer (PAL). I haven't been able to confirm this 100%.

Another game with updates for PAL is Wii Chess (PAL, 3.1e)

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some people have reported success fixing a semi-brick on a PAL console caused by the Smash Bross update by running the update from Donkey Kong Jet Racer (PAL). I haven't been able to confirm this 100%.

Another game with updates for PAL is Wii Chess (PAL, 3.1e)

Could you please provide me with a link to where you read or heard this? Thanks!

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have found the only way to recover from partial bricks is to run a game with newer firmware from your region, and even then there are no guarantees it will fix all the issues. Still no fix for a full brick, at least not that I am aware of.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have found the only way to recover from partial bricks is to run a game with newer firmware from your region, and even then there are no guarantees it will fix all the issues. Still no fix for a full brick, at least not that I am aware of.
Or restore a nand image that didn't have the brick of course
wink.gif

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users