so that guy screwed me over....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gus122000, Jul 17, 2007.

Jul 17, 2007
  1. Gus122000
    OP

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    (link to old post>> Link
    so earlier i made a thread about some jackass who was breaking my balls.This guy really knows how to play the game.Today the SOB tells me my other wii drive strip is broke or something ....and im like huh... then hes like oh well i cant fix it and im thinking my ass! thats part of your job "mod and repairs!" (from the USA wii i was tradeing him) i think hes just trying to trick me into believing that he cant fix so then he can give me less thing and he can stay with more.

honestly i wont say the name of the website now because if i do im sure someone will link them to this thread and tell him and he will probably get pissed and delay my shipping or try to pull some more shit.Once i get my things again im just going to spread the word of what a jackass he is honestly worst moder ever!
    so then today he wants to lower the deal he says "Im going to only give you "the pulse uv the black wii case one wiinja ...and your flashed 360" and my reaction is WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then he makes all these insane prices

The evil man says:
    360 flash $40
    The evil man says:
    wii black case $50 + $15 install
    The evil man says:
    wiinja $39 plus $45 install
    The evil man says:
    pulsevu $70 installed
    The evil man says:
    plus shipping 2 consoles in separate boxes

and even if the drive has that broken ribbon cable.He can send it back to nintendo or something
    or get a new one

honestly i rather have a small orphan pickpocket me and take every dollar i have and learn how to solder things my self then have this fool pull this shit over my head

2. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I dont wanna offend you but it was really stupid to send your stuff to a stranger

3. captain^k

Member captain^k GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    If I were you I'd take a road trip with my mates and sort him out good and proper!

4. Gus122000
    OP

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    its not like i just sent it to anyone ..... ill tell you later

5. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Modders are the most dangerous people in the world
    Before you know it he will have Soldered your arteries and neck

6. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    So this guy is trying to charge you $259 to flash your 360, stick a wiinja in your wii & a pulse VU mod & put a black case on it?

Man, just tell him you dont want anything.

Cut your losses & get you stuff back from him.

Or go to his place and bust his face up real good. It looks to me like he's trying to rob you.

7. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    Or, if you want to really fuck him off, get your stuff back and grass him to the law [​IMG]

8. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    LOL, can i quote you on this. This bar far has to be the most ridiculous post i have seen in a while, and i check the testing area quiet often.

LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL, Modders are the most dangerous people in the world, more dangerous than murders and pedophiles, more dangerous than insane people wielding sharp objects, more dangerous than junkies with withdrawals, more dangerous than gang thugs looking for someone to beat on, more dangerous than Sony (assuming you are a small time business selling import games and console).
    LET IT BE KNOWN!!!
    BEWARE MODDERS. [​IMG]

9. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Well thank goodness somebody finally came right out there and said it.
    Thanks Stump !
    [​IMG]

10. madmk

Member madmk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    They are dangerous.. They rip open poor defenseless consoles and drip their hot solder all over them [​IMG]

11. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    If he knew what he was doing when fitting a chip, he should have broke nothing.

12. HipN

Member HipN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If you ever let anyone else mod your consoles, GO TO THE PLACE! Watch the install. I did because I don't trust these maf***ers! They STEAL YOUR PARTS!!!!

13. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    I hate to tell you this, but you are never getting it back. If you put up enough of a fight, you would be lucky to get a completely different wii drive, that is broken

14. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Get everything back. First off, didn't you say that he wasn't giving you the Pulse VU, but rather a fader chip? Which is probably a 12F629, which he probably got for less than a dollar from a chip manufacturer, and probably ordered a few more to put the Wiinja hex which you can download quite easily and program to one of those chips. And the 360 flash, I can understand him charging $40, that's a common price for that service, but it's really not hard, and it doesn't require any hardware beyond a computer, and an xbox 360. The black Wii icase, well you're gonna have to eat the cost of that, because it retails for 40 bucks + shipping.

So to break it down, this is what the "modder" spent:

2 12F629 I/P PIC micro controllers = $1.72
    1 Soldering iron* = $5
    1 spool of solder = $3
    1 Wii icase = $50
    Shipping = who knows maybe $20

To gather the tools necessary to modify both your Wii and your Xbox 360 including aesthetic modifications (case and "fading" light). So the cost of materials and shipping was just under $80.**

Now I'm a mod installer myself, and I do charge for my services, but I offer a guarantee: If I fuck up your console, you can have mine. I feel that every installer should offer some sort of guarantee so that their customers can feel safe about who they're giving their console to. Of course, this is granted that the console works before given to the installer. So I do understand somewhat where the installer is coming from trying to justify taking your US Wii as payment for the $80 he had to spend out of pocket, I guess..

But here's the thing, he fucked up your console(s), lied about what he did to them, and took (presumably from the age of the previous posts you've made) a long time to turn your consoles around, and now is ripping you off for at least $170.

Edit: sorry the noob installer didn't install the chip with bare wires.

Does this guy run a website? Do your consoles work? Has this douchebag ever installed anything in his life?

Borrow some money from your folks or friends and pay for the materials he spent money on and get your stuff back as is. Hell give him $100 for everything to cover his "labor" (fucking up). Even if he did screw up your US Wii, get it back from him. You can find a ribbon cable on ebay I'm sure.

*Unless he used a lighter or maybe a hammer to mash the metal together, which from the pictures you showed would explain what really happened to your Wii.
    **Provided he either had a programmer or had his friend program the chips, in either case he probably already had a soldering iron (hammer) and some solder, he already had most of the tools required.

15. 1man1dream

Member 1man1dream GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i'm fortunate enough to have not had any of this crap happen to me, seeing as how i opt for face-to-face service, even if it means going for a drive with mates =/

16. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Im so glad I did my wii myself.

This guy is giving all modders a bad name, so I think you should name him and shame him.

I know there are tonnes of modders on these forums who provide a top notch installation for a fair price, but this guy isnt one of them and untill everyone knows who he is, or at least where in the world he is I'd think twice about sending my wii to any "bloke off the forums..."

17. gamermole

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
    as wierd as this sounds, going and kicking that lads ass seems likes the sanest idea mentioned here. id nick his f*cking chips/consoles too