So sorry for this Years Christmas,my British Friends....

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This Christmas News are so sad....:cry:

I really hope,you all have someone around in these very,very sad Days....
I wish you all the Best for this Christmas and please try to make the Best of it...for YOU and for the People you love.

And please try to make this Years Christmas to some VERY special Christmas,my British Freinds. 2764.png xmas_sack.gif 1111xmas_wink.gif

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of Britain is in lockdown with the rest of the country going into lockdown on the 26th Dec due to the new strain of covid we have here that is way more contagious than the normal covid.
Hmm, doesn't sound much different than most of the rest of Europe right now then. We're all in lockdown :/

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of Britain is in lockdown with the rest of the country going into lockdown on the 26th Dec due to the new strain of covid we have here that is way more contagious than the normal covid.

Well there are no tier 1 left after 26th, but there are still some tier 2 & 3.

Tier 1: Medium alert
Tier 2: High alert
Tier 3: Very High alert
Tier 4: Stay at Home

UK government messaging is kinda distorted though. In November 2020

The UK's terrorism threat level has been upgraded from "substantial" to "severe".

The move means security chiefs believe that an attack is highly likely but there is no specific intelligence of an imminent incident.

If a terror attack is highly likely, then where why haven't we had one?

D

Deleted member 513667

eeh i dont mind, i just stay at home all day so it doesnt really affect me lul.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well there are no tier 1 left after 26th, but there are still some tier 2 & 3.

Tier 1: Medium alert
Tier 2: High alert
Tier 3: Very High alert
Tier 4: Stay at Home

UK government messaging is kinda distorted though. In November 2020

The UK's terrorism threat level has been upgraded from "substantial" to "severe".

The move means security chiefs believe that an attack is highly likely but there is no specific intelligence of an imminent incident.

If a terror attack is highly likely, then where why haven't we had one?
Whole of mainland Scotland and Wales are level 4 and I think Northern Ireland may be the same.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
It sucks to be in the UK now yeah. Good old Boris has pretty much fucked everything since the start of the year and a lot of people have been hit hard. Never mind spending Christmas on your own, over a hundred people from my workplace found out they didn't have a job any more literally yesterday. Luckily I am pretty safe for now.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iam spending christmas with friends and fam members like always :D:toot::grog:
Good for you sadly my family stay 280 miles away from me. Here in Scotland at the moment it is illegal to leave the region you stay in with pretty big fines for attempting to leave your region. So I am stuck with just my doggo for company over Christmas.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whole of Scotland and Wales are level 4 and I think Northern Ireland may be the same.

Tiers (1-4) are only valid for england.

Scotland has 5 protection levels (0-4), with some areas moving in 3 but most in 4 from boxing day.
Wales have alert levels (1-4). Currently all of wales is in level 4.
Northern Ireland operate as a single entity and are going into lockdown for six weeks from boxing day.

Even if we say that the tier 4 is effectively the same as the highest levels in Wales, Scotland & what Northern Ireland are doing, there are still a few areas that aren't going to be in tier 4 (for now anyway).

Last edited by smf,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tiers (1-4) are only valid for england. There are some tier 2 & 3 remaining from boxing day, but it would surprise me if that lasts very long.

Scotland has 5 protection levels (0-4), with some areas moving in 3 but most in 4 from boxing day.
Wales have alert levels (1-4). Currently all of wales is in level 4.
Northern Ireland operate as a single entity and are going into lockdown for six weeks from boxing day.
Let me rephrase what I said lol the whole of mainland Scotland is level four from the 26th. While level three will apply in Orkney, Shetland, the Western Isles and the more remote islands in Argyll and Bute and the Highlands. My area of West Dumbartonshire has been level four for ages except for a few weeks in December where we dropped to level 3 then the infection rate shot right up so back to level 4 we are going.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Alexander1970

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven’t seen my family in over a year now, Xmas is going to be very quiet for me. I only have Xmas day and Boxing Day off too, but I’m guessing a full lockdown (moving from tier 3 to tier 4) is imminent after the retail spree is done.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been working from home since March and likely to be working from home for the foreseeable future.
I was really looking forward to seeing some people over christmas but thats ruined now :sleep:

Honestly, mentally I havent moved away from March 2020. Regardless.. Merry Christmas everyone!:gba:

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but I’m guessing a full lockdown (moving from tier 3 to tier 4) is imminent after the retail spree is done.

Yeah, not only are there cases that won't have been detected yet but I'm not sure that people will act responsibly over christmas and the subsequent sales.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.