So someone has wifi internet in my area

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And as someone once mentioned, "if it's there, you gotta share". Well, not surprisingly it's WEP locked. Is the effort required in cracking this worth it or should I just forget about it? I wonder how much trouble I will incur if I use his internets for bittorrent? Best to just use it as a back up wifi for DS online.

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cracking a WEP key is easy (Believe me
wink.gif
, for the easiest way you should use Linux and a patched wireless driver with packet injecting (Atheros or RT2500 based chipset cards will do the job)

Here is a guide to start cracking WEP keys:
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=newbie_guide&DokuWiki

time-warp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read a while back that there was one of those Linux Live Boot CDs that could do the job. You boot off the disc, not needing to install it on the HDD, steal the key and your done. Forgot what it's called though - anyone remember? Should only need to be around 50mb or so.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can do it in windows, just a lot more intensive and still require the atheros card. maybe try reading up on WEP encryption concepts and what you are actually doing before you start, makes it a lot easier.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice find Kyoji, unfortunatly my wifi card is not supported, I may run out and get one that is. Here is a question though. I have 5 unsecure networks and 8 secure networks in my office. I am assuming the stores above, below, and beside me?....maybe even across from me. We have been stealing off the 5 unsecures...but even though they are unsecure still I can't connect anymore....I thought my wireless card was going bad but my DS can't connect anymore either....is it possible they are blocking my mac address?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Wi-Fi connection is WEP protected, has MAC protection on and doesn't broadcast the SSID. I still think it could be hacked though
laugh.gif
I have a lot of protection on because I don't want anyone else to use my wifi connection. I don't see why anyone should get free internet or even be able to download from something like the Bittorrent network. At the end of the day if their caught its you that gets the letter.

deoFusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read a while back that there was one of those Linux Live Boot CDs that could do the job. You boot off the disc, not needing to install it on the HDD, steal the key and your done. Forgot what it's called though - anyone remember? Should only need to be around 50mb or so.

There's this one linux distro you could try which is specifically for PEN testing and the alike, and its called BackTrack. There's also WHAX but thats quite old aswell.

*snip*
but even though they are unsecure still I can't connect anymore....I thought my wireless card was going bad but my DS can't connect anymore either....is it possible they are blocking my mac address?
It's possible, but they would be more likely to be using MAC filtering. That basically only allows a predefined list of MAC addresses to connect to the AP. If that is the case, and if you are using linux, there are easy ways to spoof your MAC address to look like one of theirs, or a random one, if they are only blocking yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...