Gaming So... Rune Factory 4 Hype Thread.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Could've swore I made this thread already >.>)

XSeed finally announced they're releasing Rune Factory 4 on October 1st in NA, don't know about Europe, probably in an attempt to get their games out before all this Pokemon XY drowns them out. I don't blame them, I've been waiting all summer for this bloody game! Anyone else excited to burn an easy two weeks before Pokemon hits shelves?

http://www.destructoid.com/rune-factory-4-release-date-finalized-for-october-261722.phtml

RF3 was a huge step in the right direction, I hope this one can build on that. For the first time you get to pick male or female to start with, so that may drag more players into the game.

http://www.destructoid.com/rune-factory-4-is-pleasantly-complex-255778.phtml

Goes into detail about various additions to this game. All hail the mighty sheep bears!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure excited for this. Its nice to see some of the 3rd party franchises (nintendo usually has poor 3rd party support) that were successful on the DS coming to the 3DS. Even if some of them were only marginally successful, ill take it.

Now, I have only played the first Rune Factory. I have the other 2 on my card, but I could never really bring myself to play them. I always just wanted to play the original, even if it is the worst lol. But This one will be a def buy.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure excited for this. Its nice to see some of the 3rd party franchises (nintendo usually has poor 3rd party support) that were successful on the DS coming to the 3DS. Even if some of them were only marginally successful, ill take it.

Now, I have only played the first Rune Factory. I have the other 2 on my card, but I could never really bring myself to play them. I always just wanted to play the original, even if it is the worst lol. But This one will be a def buy.

I'm surprised anyone would be interested in the series enough to pay $40 for it if they only played 1.

I dunno, it was okay but 3 was amazing for me. I'm lookin forward to this game a lot :)

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yay!! See how excited I'am

serious_face.jpg

Reactions: DaggerV

DaggerV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're hella excited!

Figured the excitement would be pretty low due to lack of thread :P So I'm creating my own little box full of sand, and no cat poo. Damn cats.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one more game to buy when i get my 3ds xl or 2ds(might get one if my nephew want to use it to).
so far i have about $400 worth of games(just for 3ds) that i want, but i probably wont get them all

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll be getting it as soon as it gets released in Europe... Although right now I've just purchased Harvest Moon New Beginning, SMT DS Soul Hackers and will be getting Pokemon when it gets released, so my wallet is pretty empty. xP

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So excited! I have to say this so far is the best one in the series.
Cannot expect the game go here before 10/12 so 40$ for e-shop actually worth it.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the lack of excitement is disappointing :(, honestly EO is fun but is too JRPG-ish for my tastes...and as for pokemon....well lets just say its repetitive at best.

DaggerV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Rune Factory is repetitive? :D

Anyone play this yet? Won't get my copy until tomorrow sadly.

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is it that is so good about this game? I'm sorta interested in trying it.

But it seems like its an animal crossing sort of game.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it that is so good about this game? I'm sorta interested in trying it.

But it seems like its an animal crossing sort of game.

Its a rewarding animal crossing game... but fantasy and action RPGish. Its easier to think of uh... Ok start with Harvest moon. You plant crops, raise animals, make friends, expand your farm. Now add in a layer of fantasy action RPG. Now the animals are 6 legged Great Oxen that need milking. You need to run off the that cave to gather minerals to enchant your magic brush, and maybe find some iron to forge a new sword. And dont forget, the royal family is in town this weekend for the annual Elixer Beer Brewing contest. On top of all that, your crops need watered!

Reactions: elunesgrace

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its a rewarding animal crossing game... but fantasy and action RPGish. Its easier to think of uh... Ok start with Harvest moon. You plant crops, raise animals, make friends, expand your farm. Now add in a layer of fantasy action RPG. Now the animals are 6 legged Great Oxen that need milking. You need to run off the that cave to gather minerals to enchant your magic brush, and maybe find some iron to forge a new sword. And dont forget, the royal family is in town this weekend for the annual Elixer Beer Brewing contest. On top of all that, your crops need watered!

So basically I'm a farmer who can fight and level up. Lol.

DaggerV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is a lot more fun then it sounds lol. It's hard to go back to Harvest Moon sometime. So I went to town, turns out the store couldn't get any, so i went to gamestop as a last resort, that got a whole one copy, and it's on reserve. Was tempted to try and convince the guy it was mine, he was a newbie.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I read somewhere its been pushed back till spring next year for europe and when i read that, a part of me died. RF3 was great but both RF1 and 2 were awful. Bright side is that i get to see all you guys tell me if its better or worse than RF3 and then forget about it because spring 2014 is when im praying that Monster Hunter 4 comes out and ill be in meltdown hype mode for that. Ill be fine without the game for now tho...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ISNT IT OUT HERE THIS MONTH?! :hateit:

Reactions: DaggerV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol