Gaming So Reach is out and no new ban wave?

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the evil microsoft anti hackers devision plotting against us good willed people
unsure.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Wait for the dashboard update...

exactly

doubt it was coincidence that ppl got banned when the dash was updated from pre-nxe to nxe and when they added facebook/last.fm and that other stuff

the bans come directly with such major updates.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe they'll need a new update to recognize the LT firmware. They can't just telepathically know if your xbox is modded. They have to release a update which has an algorithm for identifying modded firmware.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relys said:
I believe they'll need a new update to recognize the LT firmware. They can't just telepathically know if your xbox is modded. They have to release a update which has an algorithm for identifying modded firmware.
There is only so much hardware information they will be able to read from a console. Fingers crossed LT has done it this time and managed to remain hidden.

You will still get banned for the usual playing before the release date or for using incorrect format discs or ISOs.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've never really understood the whole, not playing before release date or you get banned simply for playing early. Microsoft have said again and again legit copies won't get banned (well bungie in this case)

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/09/bungie-halo-reach/

(Microsoft here)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...ly-ODST-Players

LT and proper backups are suppose to be indistinguishable from legit version. So if Microsoft won't ban for early legitimate copies and the copies + whatever firmware is out at the time are suppose to be live safe and not detectable, then it really shouldn't matter.

As it's either

The firmware is doing it's job, copy can't be detected, so you're not getting banned for playing early.

The firmware is not working, Microsoft know you have a copy, so it doesn't matter anyway, you're getting banned.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't playing before the release date send up a red flag? If the game isn't available from the shops and your profile has logged you played the game before it was available then M$ can automatically assume you have a bootleg copy even if they can't detect it directly.

A couple of days early through a legitimate leak is a bit different to playing something a month early.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:
Doesn't playing before the release date send up a red flag? If the game isn't available from the shops and your profile has logged you played the game before it was available then M$ can automatically assume you have a bootleg copy even if they can't detect it directly.

A couple of days early through a legitimate leak is a bit different to playing something a month early.

They can't flag people because the initial leak was from the press release or whatever. So they'd end up flagging press accounts too, which would be stupid.

Same with other stuff, people get the game early legit all the time, it's incredibly hard to determine who is supposed to have it early, and who isn't.

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Microsofts banning policies are flawed. They can't keep it consistent and it's a pain in the butt.
I REALLY want to flash my xbox but I get the feeling a new ban wave is around the corner. So i don't want to flash and then a day later (probably an hour with my luck) i get banned.
wtf.gif

And yer I was interested to know playing a legit backup of your own game online is that ban worthy or is it legit? Cause the morality of the banning compass to me doesn't always point north
unsure.gif

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm lucky that I survived the last ban wave with iXtreme 1.61. Hopefully I can get through future ones *fingers crossed*

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:

Where do you think the leak comes from in the first place?

People that work at game stores or something that get ot early, or people that find stores who sell games early (because they have to have them BEFORE the release date in order to sell them on the release date).

It was a problem a bit ago with some new game that got sold early in france and MS banned all the legit players (IIRC), raised a shitstorm, so they changed their policy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise