So pissed off right now

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by coolbho3000, Nov 21, 2007.

Nov 21, 2007

So pissed off right now by coolbho3000 at 3:52 PM (1,264 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. coolbho3000
    OP

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I recently got Mario Strikers Charged, and after burning, it did a system update on my Wii. The download AND NFO clearly said it was NTSC version.

However when the update completed the title screen that greeted me was "Mario Strikers Charged Football." In other words, PAL version! The game works fine. My wii isn't bricked or semibricked, it still works normally, but is there any harm in this?

I have Wiikey 1.9g, 3.1u and I haven't even turned reigon free ON in the Wiikey config disc yet! How can this even work? Thanks. [​IMG]

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    it probably is not the pal version then after all [​IMG]

3. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    And why it can't be ntsc version?
    Is the title screen different in ntsc and pal version? If it is, how do you know which one is which?

4. coolbho3000
    OP

PAL version has "football" in it. I'm almost absolutely sure it's PAL. In north american localization, its name does not have "football" in it! I ruined my Wii. [​IMG]

5. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    NTSC version doesn't have the word football in it. In the USA there's a sport called "football" where they play the game mostly with their hands.

You're a pirate, and as a pirate there are some risks such as patched releases. It shouldn't happen but it does, there's nothing you can do about it but be more thorough in your research. remember, piracy is not a right

6. coolbho3000
    OP

So is there nay harm at all to my Wii? It works fine still, I can change stuff in the menu, etc... I'm just afraid a future update will brick it or something like that.

7. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    what are you freaking about? you said you didn't see ANY difference! Stop freaking out and play your game!
    If your settings work and you don't have double channels, NOTHING is wrong and no future update will brick anything! Region free was added for a reason, so you can PLAY PAL GAMES ;p

8. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    There's no harm only because the game is so old that it really didn't update your system since your up to date with 3.1U. Strikers Charged I believe has the 2.2 update on it.

What group did the release of the version you got?
    Wiierd and Wiizard have been known in the past to patch PAL games to NTSC and call them NTSC

RegionFrii is a nice small program you can use to verify the region of an ISO. It will you tell if future ISO's are in fact what they claim to be.

9. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if you have regionfree off and the game loaded, then it sounds like whoever made the iso regionfreed it (but you knew that). it most probably also means it's been brickblocked, so no worries. you're fine. from your post, it doesn't sound like you have duplicate channels. again, probably because of you having a high firmware. so no harm done.

10. coolbho3000
    OP

Thanks guys. No harm done I guess! [​IMG] I did discover after this that my news channel wasn't working anymore (NEWS000006) not sure if Mario Strikers or the Wiikey install caused it but I found a fix which worked perfectly.