Hacking So, Official Firmware Works, yet AKAIO.

Ryukengi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, first post (of many I hope)!

Just got myself an AceKard. I have a NDLite. I formatted my 4Gb SD Micro Card (don't have a smaller one) using Panasonic's Formatter to FAT32, placed AKAIO 1.5 including latest loader (following AKAIO Wikia and GBAtemps "how to" thread) and it didn't work. I got the "Loading" message then the black screen.

"Ok", I think to myself, so I tried the official firmware, and lo-and-behold, it works. It loads fine, but, why won't AKAIO? I wish to use it, due to it being recommended by alot of user's on this site, yet it simply won't load. I've ensured the spring "clicks", even use the paper trick despite it not being needed as it loads the Official Firmware fine. I plan to upgrade to a DSi in the not-to-distant-future, however.

Should I stick with the Official Firmware and wait until I get a DSi for AKAIO, or does anyone have any suggestion's?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need you to verify something. Do you get the "Loading" screen then a black screen AFTER you load a game? or at the initial start up of the Acekard?

First Possible Option: Its at the initial start up.
Cause: AKAIO isn't set up properly.
Fix:

1) Clear your MicroSD of all files by formatting with the Panasonic SD Formatter 2.0.0.3
2) Download and extract AKAIO 1.5. Open the "[7168]AKAIO.1.5" folder and copy the "__aio" folder and "akmenu4.nds" to the ROOT of your MicroSD card.
3) Download and extract AKAIO Loaders 12/21/09. Open the "ak2loader" folder and copy the "ak2loader.nds" to SD:/__aio/loaders
4) Download and extract AKAIO WiFi Plugin. Open "wfplugin" folder and copy "wfplugin.ak4" to SD:/__aio/plugin

Second Possible Option: Its after a game loads.
Cause: Loaders are corrupt or in the incorrect location.
Fix:

Follow Step 3 from above.

Also make sure you're loading the game using the AKAIO loader. Go to the game and tap Y twice. Make sure the last option is set to "AKAIO".

Hope that fixes it, Merry Christmas.

~ Jon

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the instructions on where to install the loaders and plugins. I had not updated either of these files beacuase I wasn't sure where to put them.

Ryukengi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get the Loading message, then the black screens.

I'll double check I've done it right, and get back to you.
smile.gif

Ryukengi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, how silly of me. I got AKAIO working, my problem was that I must of mistakenly placed the latest loader into the plugin folder and didn't double check it went where it should of. -_-
What the hell was I thinking? Silly little noob.

But, thanks for helping out. I guess this topic can be closed.

Thanks again.

~Kai

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukengi said:
Ah, how silly of me. I got AKAIO working, my problem was that I must of mistakenly placed the latest loader into the plugin folder and didn't double check it went where it should of. -_-
What the hell was I thinking? Silly little noob.

But, thanks for helping out. I guess this topic can be closed.

Thanks again.

~Kai

Hmm.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here