So.... now what happens to the iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Kuya, Jul 12, 2008.

Jul 12, 2008
  1. Kuya
    OP

Newcomer Kuya Advanced Member

United States
    Ive been wanting to get an iPhone FOREVER, moreso now that the new 3G is out... but I cant afford having an iPhone with that damn contract with AT&T. Im way too scared of all the issuees with jailreaking it, so I figure mybest bet is to save up for an iTouch... but whats going to happen to it now? I mean... the new iPhone 3G is around $200, isnt it? How does it make sense that at iPhone costs much more than an iTouch? (Which the cheapest one is $399 I believe) Anyone heard any news about a price drop for the Touch? What do you guys think will happen to its price? Should I wait it out?

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    No, the iPhone is $299 on a 3 year contract, plus like a $100 monthly contract. They are going to keep the iTouch at the same price, maybe drop it the price of it in September or introduce a new, cheaper one in September.

3. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Updated versions of the major PMPs are coming out before Christmas, you should wait until then

4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I think they may make the second gen ipod touch by Christmas this year.... Just a prediction. After all, Apple always made a second gen/version for everything. And seeing how well it's selling, or at least in Canada, I don't think there won't be a drop very soon.

I, however, will go and buy a Cowon D2 instead.....

5. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wait, how are you scared of issues with jailbreaking it?
    Almost EVERYTHING you can do to it can be fixed with iTunes iPod system restore

6. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I'm not sure what they'd update with a 2nd generation iPod Touch... unless they add GPS, which is the only thing I could see them adding that would make me consider upgrading. The firmware is already upgradable to 2.0, so you can get the software based features the iphone now has. I've done the update to 2.0, and having legit apps is really cool... there's lots of great free apps available. But back to first point, I'd love a iPod Touch w/ GPS... as TomTom is supposedly coming out with their software for the GPS enabled iPhone... but I don't want a Phone, too worried I'd rack up the data plan charges, and i don't use a cellphone enough.