• Total voters

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So as we know, GW had done a stupid move that is let people without their product downgrade to hackable fw 4.2.
And the upcoming flashcard, Supercard DS2+ come from Supercard team will no doubt outdo GW but we still not sure if it will run on latest fw or not.
So now is just the matter of ethic, will you stick with GW, the one give you a downgrade solution, or you just downgrade your 3DS with GW and wait for superior DS2+?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Why invest in something else when what i have does everything i want and then some? ;)

Also i wouldn't really say it was a stupid move on gateway's part to not lock the downgrading to only people who have the gateway card, plenty of people have already bought one waiting for the update and having the ability for anyone to downgrade opens the possibility of more people actually buying their card (or not). :)

That's how i see it. :)

Reactions: MushGuy

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why invest in something else when what i have does everything i want and then some? ;)

Also i wouldn't really say it was a stupid move on gateway's part to not lock the downgrading to only people who have the gateway card, plenty of people have already bought one waiting for the update and having the ability for anyone to downgrade opens the possibility of more people actually buying their card (or not). :)

That's how i see it. :)

I hear rumors the DSTWO+ is supposed to have cheats and slow motion and limited support for N3DS

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really shouldn't be casting a vote since there's no official confirmation of the features for the DSTwo+ but regardless I'm going with the DSTwo+ for sake of casting a vote.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4.5 users existed before Gateway came out, so how is letting people downgrade to 4.5 a bad thing? 4.5 users are their target audience, so they are expanding their potential userbase.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And the upcoming flashcard, Supercard DS2+ come from Supercard team will no doubt outdo GW
There's actually quite a lot of doubt. So much, in fact, that we don't even know if it's a real product yet. There's no official site listing any official features. Nothing.

Gateway deserves support for following through on their promises. And if your biggest complaint in regards to Gateway has been the waiting, then why would you wait for another unspecified length of time for a new flash cart that isn't even confirmed to exist yet?

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread is so pointless, DSTwo+ is not released and the majority of the users on this forum already own a Gateway...talk about double standard.

It's like going to the Vita section of GBATemp and asking if the Vita owners prefer a 3DS when they really can't say because they don't own one, only in this case no one owns a DSTwo+ and it's not even out yet (there very little known about it other then the fact it's real).

Thus my vote goes to DSTwo+ by default because this thread is rigged and useless...:shit::shit::shit:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I hear rumors the DSTWO+ is supposed to have cheats and slow motion and limited support for N3DS
Not features that sell a cart... At least they didn't 6 years ago. Just something to say "wow" at.. Use a handful of times and never touch it again

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is so pointless, DSTwo+ is not released and the majority of the users on this forum already own a Gateway...talk about double standard.

It's like going to the Vita section of GBATemp and asking if the Vita owners prefer a 3DS when they really can't say because they don't own one, only in this case no one owns a DSTwo+ and it's not even out yet (there very little known about it other then the fact it's real).

Thus my vote goes to DSTwo+ by default because this thread is rigged and useless...:shit::shit::shit:

Hey i own both a vita (well 2 if you count the TV one as well) and a 3ds xl and like both pretty equally :P

Although that OLED screen is pretty damn nice. :D haha

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey i own both a vita (well 2 if you count the TV one as well) and a 3ds xl and like both pretty equally :P

Although that OLED screen is pretty damn nice. :D haha

That's the thing you own both....absolutely no one owns a DSTwo+ for a fair comparison to the Gateway and voting on this poll for that matter.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm willing to bet downgrading will work just like launching Gateway mode, in that it will check if the Gateway cart is inserted.

Which is fine by me. finally beginning to feel my $80's well spent and have no reason to migrate to a competitor

(though that wait was ****ing lethal)

walterpisante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he does have a point, there's enough threads like this floating around. Do we really need another one about a card that probably doesn't even exist (yet?) ?

No, i don't think we do imo. :)

I respect that it's just that he doesn't have any authority over op to tell him what to do like that

Is that you in your avatar bro? You in a BM band? love the burzum shirt

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet downgrading will work just like launching Gateway mode, in that it will check if the Gateway cart is inserted.

Which is fine by me. finally beginning to feel my $80's well spent and have no reason to migrate to a competitor

(though that wait was ****ing lethal)
You can downgrade without a Gateway.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually it's a smart move, the downgrade is a risky process and may brick your 3DS, if they required you first to buy gateway and then downgrade, you would be blaming gateway in case of a brick, but if you don't own a gateway and brick your 3DS, you can't blame gateway.

Once your downgrade is successful you will at the very least consider buying gateway, which means as was pointed above expanding their potential userbase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.