Hacking So no developer/publisher tried to stop this?

Ryukotsusei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no publisher has never said anything regarding Wii piracy or perhaps this is because its no PSP. Is there even possible for them to come up with a work around?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How could they block it? People keep finding exploits to run homebrew -> piracy

Some homebrew can't be used when you have tools for piracy on the wii.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
them come up with a work around? Nintendo does all the developement for the actual system software. the publishers on the other hand make the titles under the authority of nintendo. So nintendo would be the ones trying to fix it. On the other hand the hackers are the ones that find work arounds or holes in security to execute our software. As for nintendo managing to actually end piracy on the Wii...... They can't. We are already inside the security system and there is nothing that can stop us from finding a way back in now that we already have all the internal system information that we need. there are a massive number of flaws in the system security that can be exploited and with every fix there is usually another way to get through. Not to mention that with everything they add to the system they also add new bugs. remember the SD loading menu with the 4.0 update? could be a few bugs for us to use in that. Hell there are tons of possible exploits that we were able to find in the wii. The chances of nintendo slowing us down is 100% however the chance of them stopping us completely is 0%. Where there is software there is always a weakness.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I reckon developers could indeed help try to stop piracy by making games not work right if certain titles are present in wii (Say perhaps, HAXX, i.e. HBC?), but looking at PSP, games which stop working on CFW are the ones pirated the most because ISOs can have the protection patched out of them. And also, Nintendo don't seem too opposed to Homebrew, which I can understand, but surely they should be opposed to piracy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?