OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
Again I have a similar post to my DS post lol. I been out of it for quite some times when it comes to next gen systems, and I have ADD real bad lol. So I wanna lets say start with 5 must play Wii games and go from there. Which 5 should I own and play NOW? lol. I am still getting use to the Wiimote etc, ive been a old schooler when it comes to 2d Platformers and have already been playing the new donkey kong and Mario.... so suggestions?
smile.gif

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 games huh...

mario galaxy 1 or 2
resident evil 4
house of the dead overkill
mario kart wii
zelda: twilight princess

should do for a start but they are just 5 that came off the top of my head

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
5 platformers, eh?

-New Super Mario Bros wii ("the new Mario" actually refers to Galaxy 2 nowadays...or even sports mix. sorry if you already have this one)
-Muramasa: the demon blade. Lots of hack 'n slash with a more-than-average RPG element, but quite satisfying. and beautifull.
-wario land: the shake dimension. Perhaps a bit short, but it has lots of hidden stuff.
-Kirby's epic yarn. Except if you want a challenge, as this game is fun but waaaaay to easy (though honestly: I think you could actually pick up chicks with the line "hey darling...you wanna play co-op Kirby's epic yarn with me?").
-Super Smash bros brawl (yeah, yeah...lots of fighting...but the subspace emissionary is far more than a minigame-addition).

For runner-up, I'd say Super paper mario. It's fun and creative, but that paper mario thing never got the same smile on my face as a "real" platformer.

Outisde the classic platformers, I'd go with Zelda, Okami or Super Mario galaxy (1 or 2). For on-rails shooters, I prefer sin & punishment 2 over house of the dead overkill, but that's mostly on preference (HotD is more grindhouse, S&P2 is more bullet-hell).

If you have more than 1 wiimote, New super mario bros or mario kart wii becomes exponentially better.

Brannon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Many great games already mentioned.

For having fun with the Wiimote i would suggest WarioWare: Smooth Moves. It's a collection of fast and funny microgames.

If you are looking for some over the top racing Excitebots is a good choice.

For not so serious brain training, which is actually quite fun to compete with friends, there is Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree.

Relaxing and chilling with some funky music as you jump around giving colour back to the world, there are the De Blop games.

A party game which uses the Wiimote well is Boom Blox Smash Party.

There are some choices, but the ones I have really played most are Mariokart, SSBB, both Galaxys, New Super Mario Bros and the mods of it, both Resident Evil Chronicles and Fire Emblem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk