Hardware So my wiikey is "dead" now what?

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello all

So yesterday night i turned on my wii after playing some SSBB at the afternoon and i got only "Unable to Read Disc" message only my original GH3 worked. So i thought since my Wiikey probably died i thought "let's replace this obsolete chip that has NO SUPPORT AT ALL, for some new tech that supports and is easy to install in DMS board"
After scouting the market (my wiikey had more then 6 months old) i came to the conclusion that the best pics would be WASABI or INFECTUS 2 both are easy to install both promise to read every region and both promise a fairly easy installation so what shall i choose?

WASABI ???? or INFECTUS 2 ???????

Anyone has any experience with those chips? do you recommend it to a DMS board ??? any other option that has GOOD SUPPORT and fairly ez installation ????

ty for your answers
grog.gif

junp3i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a shame your wiikey died, but saying it has no support at all is a lie. Wiinewz already announced the wiikey team are working on a fix for the brawl problem. and since that is only 1 problem. i find it hard to complain at that.

as for wasabi or infectus 2, id wait a while. wiinewz says that someone has managed to reverse engineer the wasabi and may release an improved version. of course if you dont want to wait, wasabi uses the same points as a wiikey (for dms/d2a afaik) so if you have a long wire install is gonna be REALLY easy to change over. and it seems to be an awesome chip in all.

isugoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure you didn't just have a wire come loose? i'm not a great solderer and the wii points are small bitches and i had one of my points break when i let my brother borrow the wii for a while. opened it up, soldered it back on and it fired right up.

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thx for all the replies.

Im from europe, where can i buy a YAOSM??? and where can i find some reviews of it??

@hova1: With that article you sugest i clean my wii lens??? bc since im not from the US and my wii is chipped and my warranty is over i doubt Nintendo will not charge me
tongue.gif

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well i opened my Wii checked the contacts everything was solid in there so i proceeded to swab my laser lens with cotton moisted in alchool (dont have the slightest idea if it was good or bad ROTFL) then i swabed again without alchool i tried SSBB WORKED!!!! so i closed the Wii tried again and it DIDNT WORK but the other backups (Bully \ SMG) worked so i burned SSBB with the 20******** layer break and played for a while working flawlessly...

I think now its working... i havent got the slighest idea what happened
tongue.gif

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get some brawl read errors sometimes too. I reburnt it and i had no problems after that. Sometimes I spray windex on my discs and they work fine afterwards. I've also read some people leave their wii's on for 3-5 minutes before playing the game to warm up.

KbKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jhonyb said:
Hello all

So yesterday night i turned on my wii after playing some SSBB at the afternoon and i got only "Unable to Read Disc" message only my original GH3 worked. So i thought since my Wiikey probably died i thought "let's replace this obsolete chip that has NO SUPPORT AT ALL, for some new tech that supports and is easy to install in DMS board"
After scouting the market (my wiikey had more then 6 months old) i came to the conclusion that the best pics would be WASABI or INFECTUS 2 both are easy to install both promise to read every region and both promise a fairly easy installation so what shall i choose?

WASABI ???? or INFECTUS 2 ???????

Anyone has any experience with those chips? do you recommend it to a DMS board ??? any other option that has GOOD SUPPORT and fairly ez installation ????

ty for your answers
grog.gif
The Wiikey site is up and running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3