Hardware So my slim just YLOD'd...

Deleted member 388531

OP
Trophies
XP
If it helps, it had REBUG 4.82 lite. At first it wouldn't show signal on my elgato or TV, and then even by itself it wouldn't display, and then the YLOD. Model is a CECH-2501A.

Press F to pay respects.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of people on ebay that will do a reball for you for a decent price. then your system will be good as new

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've expected them to be cheaper now that they don''t need to be downgraded. I think a reball might cost you around $80.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tc, it's weird, because statically only a minor portion of Slims could get YLOD, are u sure that fans are not covered but dust or anything else?? I still have my old 80gb fat and it still works great!

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pre 2010 slims jumped from easily being $50 to around $100

Sell for spares and prepares and just buy another from eBay. Make sure you set up webman which you can manually set the CPU fan speed. I have done it on my Slim to 40=60% and it stays at 50C and below for both GPU and CPU. I hope this helps.

Deleted member 388531

OP
Trophies
XP
tc, it's weird, because statically only a minor portion of Slims could get YLOD, are u sure that fans are not covered but dust or anything else?? I still have my old 80gb fat and it still works great!
Funny how my old af 40GB still works great.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for the fans/dust, nope.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I would recommend spending 50 cents in thermal compound and trying cleaning the thing out to see if it comes back to life.

It takes about 15 min to carefully dissasemble, another 15 to 30 to clean (use cotton cloth, and Isopropyl Alcohol) and a few min to reapply the paste. All said and done you will have it back together in an hour. It may come alive if heat was the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw