So My R button Official Broke!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by falcon64z8, May 30, 2007.

May 30, 2007
  1. falcon64z8
    OP

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So yea I guess all those long hours of drifting in Mario Kart and fragging in Metriod or boosting in Jet Impulse finally wore my R button out. I have a DS Phat for about 2 years now and my R button is no more responsive. Has any had this problem and should I wait it out for another version of the DS lite ala DS micro or something like that or should I get a DSL now?

I am currently low on money so I would have to wait if I were to get a lite or is there a fix for my situation? O and the R button clicks down, is that it is not responsive...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    ~thanks

2. imyourxpan

Member imyourxpan GBAtemp Fan

United States
    there is probably a way of pressing it over and over again to make it work a few more times, but i think investing in a DSL is the right thing to do. My left trigger doesn't work on my phat anymore, it happened after the warranty ended. unless you pay like 60 dollars or so to fix it, or just add another 60 to get a brand new DSL which is amazing, it's up to you.

3. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    I had the same thing happen on my blue phat, but it was because I kept it in my pocket for hours at a time and the ds turned the wrong way and the R button had way too much pressure. I sold it on ebay for $35, and bought a lite.

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Well since it's an old DS, the warranty is most likely out. I would recommend selling it for parts on eBay (advertise it as faulty, broken, etc) and purchase a DSL. It's worth the contribution [​IMG]

5. reemixx

Newcomer reemixx Advanced Member

Australia
    Agreed. DS Lite is the way to go. If you play it enough to justify the purchase right now, then go for it. You could always sell some stuff, or something. [​IMG]

6. falcon64z8
    OP

United States
    You know that may also be the cause of the problem, because I listen to a lot of music and I would leave my ds in my pocket all the time when going to class...

Thanks for the tips everyone, but if I get a DS lite now I'm just afraid a new version of the DS would be release... Also the only thing I hate about the DS lite is that its speakers are really weak compare to the Phat, but I really do envy the screen of the lite...

7. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Blow on the r button. Literally. seriously. and also, you are a lefty? [​IMG]

Put your moth over that little space between the button and the ds, the space facing the front of your ds. Then blow as hard as you can. lather, rinse and repeat. you can also go here:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/d...ickybuttons.jsp

EDIT:i mean mouth not moth lol

8. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Wow ^ Thanks for that tip. My R button on my dsl was fked...it didnt work at all and after giving it a massive blow and it seems ok now thanks! (Btw im not being sarcastic)

9. falcon64z8
    OP

United States
    Yea im a lefty and of course I blew on it and it did my nothing... :'( Thanks for the tip though!

10. Jademalo

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Happened 2 me [​IMG]

on a ds lite. i got a free replacement tho [​IMG]

11. lblk32

Member lblk32 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you MUST get a dslite

12. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States