Hardware So my mom's got a wii with a wiikey 2...

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's 3.4U, and HBC is installed.

Now, without totally losing me, what are the next steps to take to make it good for imports/backups/etc. (as well as regular intended use) in a way that she can't screw it up on accident?

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really? I thought there was more to be done before that. Well.... That certainly showed me what I know. Thanks

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheez said:
really? I thought there was more to be done before that. Well.... That certainly showed me what I know. Thanks
Glad I could help
smile.gif

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate it when people don't tell me everything.

For one, the game she wants to play doesn't work without freeloader, and even then it doesn't work because it can't display on her TV. I would've appreciated actual info before going through all the trouble to set this up and finding myself unable to do something because I wasn't actually TOLD what to do about it.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a Wiikey2 fitted you don't need to use the HBC to load Wii games - they will work direct from the disc channel.
You would only need the HBC to load wads of Wiiware, VC games and other homebrew apps.

Make sure the games you "backup" are from your correct region, burn to DVD-R, slip the disc into the Wii and play like a normal disc.

I don't really understand what your issue is ?

Sounds as though you were trying an out of region game, in which case you should be very careful that you don't apply any updates from the disc. An NTSC-J update from a game will brick an NTSC-U console for example.

More specific information would help.........

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was fairly sure going by what I said would be obvious, but here we go:

I need a safe, easy loader of some sort that will allow PAL games to run on an NTSC tv without the visual problem. The solution I used worked on my LCD tv, but that was because I couldn't tell it wasn't going to work on a crt.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheez said:
I was fairly sure going by what I said would be obvious, but here we go:

I need a safe, easy loader of some sort that will allow PAL games to run on an NTSC tv without the visual problem. The solution I used worked on my LCD tv, but that was because I couldn't tell it wasn't going to work on a crt.
Use geckos and mess with the video settings.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you run the config disc for your WiiKey, make sure you turn on RegionFree and Disable Updates. If you don't have that option, your in for the long haul...

You'll have to follow the guides to get your Wii down to 3.2 to install Starfall or Preloader to enable RegionFree and Disable Updates. Once that's done, just load the games, real or backup, from your disc channel.

I've played PAL games that wouldn't run in ANY backup launcher on my Yowii chip in perfect color.

If you need anymore help, I'll be glad to assist.

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I neglected to mention but at this point I do have the wii downgraded to 3.2U. I used my wiikey disc to turn off updates, if that's what I needed to do (I think it is) and I don't really know what to do next. It's about my mom, really. I just want to get her a 0 to 1 click solution that'll have her playing a PAL game on her TV without the TV complaining that it can't show PAL.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The thing is it depends on the game sometimes you can run the games out of the box but then there are game that need to use GeckoOS or patching the IOS of the game.
At least for me it´s the case
wink.gif

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheez said:

For one, the game she wants to play doesn't work without freeloader, and even then it doesn't work because it can't display on her TV. I would've appreciated actual info before going through all the trouble to set this up and finding myself unable to do something because I wasn't actually TOLD what to do about it.
LOL, you never said wich game your "mom" wanted to play.

Cygoku

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cygoku said:
Cheez said:

LOL, you never said wich game your "mom" wanted to play.

Cygoku
Well I did ask if I could as well as how to do everything. Anyway if you really need specifics, the current troublemaker is called Gottlieb Pinball Classics. We've had the gamecube version, but we both agree it sucks ass. So, getting the PAL only wii version of the game running is the issue here. There may be more in the future of course, so until she gets an LCD tv (which is never happening due to recent events causing us to be at a constant loss) it doesn't seem like PAL is going to work. Not unless I get some help.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, why so much bother with Pinball Classics??? as you said is sucks ass on the gamecube.. trust me the Wii version is just as bad, and instead of moaning and comming on with an attitude search forums and... GOOGLE, this is another pointless thread for a noob, forget the game and try grab another game for ur region or one that is confirmed working on NTSC-U..

EDIT: This game does not work in NTSC even with GeckoOS so I'm afraid you wasted your time... took me about 1 minute to find that info

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
LOL your mom has a modded game console!

...anyway.
You can't just magically make the PAL games show up correctly on the TV. If her TV wasn't CRT you could have used 480p with a component cable, that would have fixed all games which support 480p (a lot of Wii games don't). Basically, if GeckoOS doesn't help, you're out of luck.

(You were lucky you got it to work on your LCD, even if she got one it's not certain that it would work on hers other than 480p)

Cheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flawsdraw said:
To be honest, why so much bother with Pinball Classics??? as you said is sucks ass on the gamecube.. trust me the Wii version is just as bad, and instead of moaning and comming on with an attitude search forums and... GOOGLE, this is another pointless thread for a noob, forget the game and try grab another game for ur region or one that is confirmed working on NTSC-U..

EDIT: This game does not work in NTSC even with GeckoOS so I'm afraid you wasted your time... took me about 1 minute to find that info
You must've found it here, BECAUSE I JUST GODDAMN SAID THAT ALREADY. it is NOT the only solution, so there could be something that DOES work.

And no, i've already tried the wii version myself, and it's still better. I already searched the damn forum by the way, nothing gives specific info about this shit. The only attitude I see here is the one of you and your friend being little whiny bitches because I asked a question and telling me pointlessly to try A GAME THAT IS NOT THE GAME THAT NEEDS TO WORK.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheez said:
You must've found it here, BECAUSE I JUST GODDAMN SAID THAT ALREADY. it is NOT the only solution, so there could be something that DOES work.

And no, i've already tried the wii version myself, and it's still better. I already searched the damn forum by the way, nothing gives specific info about this shit. The only attitude I see here is the one of you and your friend being little whiny bitches because I asked a question and telling me pointlessly to try A GAME THAT IS NOT THE GAME THAT NEEDS TO WORK.

Any need for that? no... and I didn't find that information here I have other websites I look at, none of them confirm this working on NTSC, all saying black screen on load-up, now take your pathetic little insults and skiddadle off somewhere else, you think you know more about all this then everyone here trying to tell you that you have hit a no go, then go try everything else yourself... RegionFrii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night