So my baby brother has an R4 clone (R4 Ultra)...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Amici, May 23, 2009.

May 23, 2009
  1. Amici
    OP

Member Amici GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    The family recently had a vacation to China, and my dad bought my 6 year old brother a DS Lite there, along with the cheapest flashcart package he found, an R4 Ultra. Being a CycloDS user, I really know nothing about getting the most out of his flashcart other than to update to the latest v1.54 kernel and get him the latest USRCHEAT.DAT from the cheats database. I've heard some things about YSMenu and other firmware for R4, do those work for the R4 Ultra?

For the other R4 Ultra flashcart owners there, any tips on how to get the most out of it? (P.S. get a new flashcart is not an option, he's just a kid, who doesn't even know the significance of having an R4 clone [​IMG]) And yeah, my brother plays DS, and take good care of it too (well, for a 6 year old, that is [​IMG] )

Thanks!

2. volcomstone00009

Newcomer volcomstone00009 Advanced Member

United States
    I would say just update it to the latest firmware and go on the web with him and pick out a skin that he likes from NDSthemes.com

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    read the guides on how to get YSMENU working on it its a much better more compatible loader [​IMG]

honestly though a new Acekard 2.1 from Deal extreme is pretty damn cheap maby treat him to a new card and maby erm sell the R4 ultra off at a profit to someone you don't like or hardly know to fund it [​IMG]

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i don't think yasumenu works on r4 ultra but no harm trying [​IMG]

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
  6. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Honestly, if everything works fine with the latest firmware, there should be no reason to upgrade to ysmenu.

7. Amici
    OP

Member Amici GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Thanks for the input guys! Buying a cart is out of the question though. Will try that YSMenu thing and see if that works well:D