Hacking So my AK2i from GameKool just arrived...

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I ordered: http://www.gamekool.com/acekard-2iak-2i-su...slds-p-217.html

And this is what I got.

photo0025b.jpg

(sorry for the crappy pic quality, I just took it with my phone's 3 megapixel camera)

Unacceptable.

I ordered an AceKard2i, and got an AceKard 2. The cart says acekard2 with "ver 2.1" below. There is no orange DSI compatible sticker on the box it came in, either.

So what should I do? Do I go to GameKool's customer service? Will they reimburse my $16?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're sure that you didn't accidentally order the 2.1?

It's like when you accidentally pick up a different flavour of your food at the supermarket, I guess they made that mistake.

Contact them and get this sorted out, they apparently have some good customer support.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you get free shipping on that?

Because the link you had was the one I was originally going to buy, but it had a $7 shipping fee on it, so I went under the "Free Shipping Zone" link and ordered this one:
http://www.gamekool.com/freeshipping-aceka...slds-p-184.html

It's kind of odd that you got a 2.1 though, since they have this posted on the front page:
QUOTE said:
30.03.2010:Even we have good batch of Ak2,we now temporarily suspend all AK2.1 orders.Acekard team is now producing a brand new batch of Ak2.1 to fix all the problem.
Also, the price on the AK2.1 is $12.50 now, so if you get a refund make sure they give you the price you paid.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty weird that you even got a 2.1. Since they don't even sell the Acekard 2.1s anymore.

# 30.03.2010:Even we have good batch of Ak2,we now temporarily suspend all AK2.1 orders.Acekard team is now producing a brand new batch of Ak2.1 to fix all the problem.

Anyways contact them and then they will sort it out for you.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I did order the free shipping version. (http://www.gamekool.com/freeshipping-acekard-2i-support-dsidslds-p-184.html)

But that still shouldn't matter. An Ak2i is an Ak2i, free shipping or not. I purchased an Ak2i, not an Ak2.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Throw it in a DSL and see what it shows up as in the menu. They may have thrown the wrong sticker on it.

I was a bit woried about my A2k when it turned up as it had no sticker at all and the cardboard box had no DSi compatible sticker. I was thinking great!. Without a sticker and in a dodgey looking box it has to be fake.

After checking it turned out I had received an original a2ki with HW: 81 which I think is one of the newer batch cards.
grog.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Throw it in a DSL and see what it shows up as in the menu. They may have thrown the wrong sticker on it.

I was a bit woried about my A2k when it turned up as it had no sticker at all and the cardboard box had no DSi compatible sticker. I was thinking great!. Without a sticker and in a dodgey looking box it has to be fake.

After checking it turned out I had received an original a2ki with HW: 81 which I think is one of the newer batch cards.
grog.gif
Danny Phantom doesn't appear on a DSL so eh.
Well you still can see the HWID at least.
>.> Getting 1.4 updates and this mixed up.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Danny Phantom doesn't appear on a DSL so eh.
What are you talking about? My DS lite menu shows the Acekard at the top with the logo. What's Danny Phantom?

I have heard the acekard carts and stickers are sent to suppliers seperatly so it is quite possible someone has f'ed it up and put the wrong sticker on it.

Edit:
Publicenemiesgoingghostdanny.jpg
I guess I am too old these days to realise when someone is telling me I am full of shit.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so what should I do? I have a DSlite. How can I check the "HWID" and stuff? If I really do have an Ak2i sitting here, that's great
biggrin.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
Wait, so what should I do? I have a DSlite. How can I check the "HWID" and stuff? If I really do have an Ak2i sitting here, that's great
biggrin.gif
Set the DS lite so it doesn't autoload then check the top of the start up screen. You should see the A2K logo telling you which cart you have.
Second, download akAIO RC2 firmware and goto settings and Help look for HW: if it is 44 or 81 there is a good chance it is an original.

Edit: Actually, if RC2 runs at all I think the cart automaticaly qualifies as original.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No good.

photo0027o.jpg

(again, sorry for the pic quality)

Showing up as an AceKard2.

Looks like I'm gonna have to hit up their customer service... ugh, I'm afraid of Hong-Kong flashcart dealer customer service

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
No good.

Showing up as an AceKard2.

Looks like I'm gonna have to hit up their customer service... ugh, I'm afraid of Hong-Kong flashcart dealer customer service
Fuckit I was hoping. Sorry man.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Record the conversation so we can determine whether their customer service is as unreliable as their order mixups
evil.gif

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably not going to be the one emailing them. My mom ordered this for an easter present (only 1 day late
tongue.gif
), so she's probably going to be talking to customer service. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1