So my 3DS froze today

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by rufus83, Mar 31, 2011.

Mar 31, 2011

So my 3DS froze today by rufus83 at 3:07 AM (2,432 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. rufus83
    OP

Newcomer rufus83 Member

United States
    Just randomly moving through options in the main menu and while sitting at the System Settings for just a second I noticed the icon stopped spinning. It was completely froze. It wouldn't respond to any button presses. I had to turn it off and then after turning it back on all seems well. Anyone else experience this? I'm sure it could have just been a fluke, but after hearing about so many little bugs and problems I figured it may not just be me.

2. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    how long did you wait til you shut it off?

this happened to me when i put around 1GB of music in my SD card.
    although i waited for maybe 1 minute, then it worked. didn't need to shut off.

3. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    This happened to me too. I kept multitasking because every time I wanted to play SSFIV, a little kid wanted to "watch the show" (referring to the OK Go vid) or there was a moment perfect for a picture. And one time it actually froze while changing programs.

4. rufus83
    OP

Newcomer rufus83 Member

United States
    Hmm... Now I wish I had waited longer... I shut it off right after I realized that it was no longer receiving input. Oh well. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I've played about an hour of Street Fighter and about 30 minutes of Face Raiders since and no problems.

EDIT: Still it's strange. I didn't have anything running in the background. I wasn't entering the apps either. I was just moving between them and stopped for a second on System Settings and then it happened... I have to admit... I kept it in my pocket all day at work the last 2 days in sleep mode to monitor my footsteps and hopefully catch a streetpass from some customer, but I felt a little uneasy putting it in my pocket while it's still technically "on" and I'm running around doing stuff. I know it's meant for this kind of thing, but even if it isn't on it still makes me uncomfortable keeping it in my pocket... I think I'm just going to baby this thing for a while. $250 is a lot to lose... Maybe I'm just paranoid.

5. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Tried to re-create what you did out of curiosity.
    Nothing happened. Perhaps it's just a rare occurrence?

6. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Happened to me in a game today... No other way to get rid of it but to shut it down. Even after waiting nothing moved so... well... strange...

7. trev1

Member trev1 GBAtemp Regular

United States

Iam the same way it makes it harder for us toleave in sleep mode when its got a 250 dollar price tag...i always had a problem with this and my dsi too...mainly because i ran into some issues with not being able to shutdown with hard reset and its not like we can remove our battery easy...trust me your not paranoid bro....just safe

8. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    When I opened the Music app it froze when reading from the sd card the loading stopped moving but after about 45 seconds it loaded all my music.Never faced any freeze that forced me to shut it down completely

9. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Of the people crashing, did you make sure you're on the latest firmware? The latest was supposed to fix several crashing and restart issues.

10. Herox

Newcomer Herox Member

United States
    This happened to me exiting a menu after adding about 300mb of music to my ds. I just waiting a minute and it fixed its self.

On latest firmware.

11. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Mine froze yesterday while playing Face Raiders. Latest firmware