So many types of R4i's which one to choose?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by QueenTav, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010
  1. QueenTav
    OP

Newcomer QueenTav Newbie

Canada
    I just got a DSi and searched around for the R4i but I didn't realize there we so many different types, the gold version, red version, white box, black box etc. Are there any differences between them? I just picked up the white box one, the R4i SDHC (v 1.4) from www.Dangbox.com, I received a discount coupon from them so I used it [​IMG] I hope I chose the right one. Anyone own the R4i SDHC (white box), if so, any problems with it?

2. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    The problem of it being an R4 clone is reason enough [​IMG]

3. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Choosing an R4 is a bad idea. They are all poorly manufactured clones with little to no support for their firmware.

4. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    None. Get a good cart.

5. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    Um... Pretty much anything with a name consisting of a letter and a number is a cheap, crppy, R4 clone. Examples: R4, R4 SDHC, R4i, R4-III, R4i-SDHC, N5, R6...

EVERY card with a name of R4[insert anything here] is a cheap clone that should be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS.

Some decent cards for the DSi:
    AceKard 2i (Pretty much the best card out there)
    SuperCard DStwo (Not yet released, but when it is I think I'll upgrade to it from my AceKard 2i)

And I just checked that site... $32 for an R4 clone, normal price $55?!?!?!? You could get an AceKard 2i from ConsoleSource for $24.95 + shipping, and they're not even the cheapest place out there.
    If possible, cancel your order.

6. Olyfes

Newcomer Olyfes Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Jup what he said , i'l hearded some of them were extremly bad that they cold brick your dsi .. the orginal R4 card was made of the offical R4 team and was when te team still suported it a great card . now it's rubbish and there are only clones out there ... If its possible CANCEL YOUR order and buy and Acekard2i ...

And because your card is an clone , a fake one , it may be could that it doesn't work on your dsi

7. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    For the record, yeah. A lot of them can brick your DS.
    Brick means that you would have a nice, shiny, new paperweight!
    ...As in it can't be fixed. Ever.

Posts merged

... and http://www.consolesource.com/ is a good, reliable place to get a flash cart.