Hacking So, little question about update to 9.2

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since A9LH has taken over the Scene on 3DS, most people are recommending the Plailect guide for either those who still use RXtools or are in firmwares >9.2, I read that guide in two languages already and i can pretty much tell what to do in here, is just that i have a little question about updating, since i have a 3DS with Rxtools in 4.1.0, I do not plan on switching unless i see that Rxtools does not work anymore with recent firmwares and i have beaten most of the games i want on my current CFW.

Either way, the question is, once you update to 9.2 with Sysupdater on Dev/Pasta Mode, do you conserve the Explorer?, i'm asking because if i'm gonna update i wanna be sure that i can enter to the Homebrew Launcher to then install RedNAND, the guide only says about your HB launcher of your choice, since i only want to pick the free/easy choice i don't wanna risk myself on having a 3DS on 9.2 just there.

I know that updating with a game cart doesn't let you access to the Explorer, is this the same with Sysupdater or not?, if so, why?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean the internet browser, using sysupdater does update it because you are using everything for the fw. 3ds games lack the browser and i think the eshop in order to save space, or that Nintendo actually thought that the browser was a dangerous thing to include in offline updates (unlikely). I don't think there is a point in staying on 4.x at this point though since everything has been ported to 9.x (except mset I think, but that is outdated)

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean the internet browser, using sysupdater does update it because you are using everything for the fw. 3ds games lack the browser and i think the eshop in order to save space, or that Nintendo actually thought that the browser was a dangerous thing to include in offline updates (unlikely). I don't think there is a point in staying on 4.x at this point though since everything has been ported to 9.x (except mset I think, but that is outdated)

Is not about a matter of point or not, is just that i don't want to risk my 3DS of possibly bricking it while updating it, I already know that all the neat updated stuff is on luma right now, but again, i'm pretty cautious when it comes to my consoles, I do not pass to something until i absolutely need it, even if that comes with the minimum/lowest possible risk of bricking.

So, when you said that sysupdater does update the browser, that means that the browser works in that version, and that i can load Homebrew Channel in there?.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is not about a matter of point or not, is just that i don't want to risk my 3DS of possibly bricking it while updating it, I already know that all the neat updated stuff is on luma right now, but again, i'm pretty cautious when it comes to my consoles, I do not pass to something until i absolutely need it, even if that comes with the minimum/lowest possible risk of bricking.

So, when you said that sysupdater does update the browser, that means that the browser works in that version, and that i can load Homebrew Channel in there?.
Yeah, but its possibly the worst entrypoint for it. If you do ever update to 9.x, and have issues with it, look into injecting fbi into hs (if it isnt already) then install the homebrew launcher.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but its possibly the worst entrypoint for it. If you do ever update to 9.x, and have issues with it, look into injecting fbi into hs (if it isnt already) then install the homebrew launcher.

All right, thanks, that's what i wanted to know. Also, if i were to update to 9.xx (once the time has come to do, that for me), i'm pretty sure i'm gonna setup something easier to launch the Homebrew Launcher, I'll look into any method available, then again, thanks.

Question Solved, mods may close thread.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
All right, thanks, that's what i wanted to know. Also, if i were to update to 9.xx (once the time has come to do, that for me), i'm pretty sure i'm gonna setup something easier to launch the Homebrew Launcher, I'll look into any method available, then again, thanks.

Question Solved, mods may close thread.

There's a firmware pack on that iso site that updates fw to 9.2 without MSET block and agb patch. (it actually updates to 9.0)
But you can use browser/menuhax and MSET as entry points

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte