Hacking So Kodi is available on Xbox One now

ReelBigNilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about it earlier today but just checked from Edge on Xbox one searched Kodi. Clicked the store link for it from Bing page and it opened the store on my Xbox and now I have Kodi on my Xbox one... New to Kodi and would love to explore the possibilities of emulators on Kodi as I know this is a thing... If someone wants to build them and post a repo that I can get through in Kodi I would love to help test them out
15145284271951747108847.jpg

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks, use Kodi on a firestick, and hated having to use the Media Player to play some files my WDTV box wouldnt play, as it was so clunky, hopefully this works as good as other builds

D

Deleted User

awsome! Thanks.
no need for developer account / hacked xbox one anymore ^^ at least for me.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What are the current limits?
What you should really understand and keep remembering is that it is still in early stages of development and has very rough edges, might not be as stable as the regular version and may even be missing some functions. Due to the nature of how UWP works our hands are tied in some areas. Some parts are not even finished yet and our developers are still working on getting it up to the regular standard. As of this writing there’s limited access to only what’s part of your Video and Music folders. Network support is limited to only NFS:// shares. No access to the Blu-ray drive to start the disc or even an attached storage drive. There might still be problems with certain general python modules that are used by add-ons and we are finding and reporting them to the developers as testing progresses. I’m sure there’s more that might not work as intended yet as there are so many features it just will take a while to go over them. We cannot promise to what extend we can get every feature working as it all depends on what is available to us developers.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Funny how it went from being OG Xbox homebrew, to supporting every platform except the OG Xbox, to being officially released software on the X-boner.
I wonder if this version will work with all the piracy addons.

Reactions: Ryccardo

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compared to what?
people seem to be comparing it a lot to VLC. but to clarify I guess my question is what can this app do? why should I care? I hear that this app is supposedly really good but I do not know what it does other than allowing you to play videos on xbox one which I could already do as far as I am aware

D

Deleted-355425

people seem to be comparing it a lot to VLC. but to clarify I guess my question is what can this app do? why should I care? I hear that this app is supposedly really good but I do not know what it does other than allowing you to play videos on xbox one which I could already do as far as I am aware

stream pirated tv/movies, stream media from your PC etc.

ReelBigNilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a slew of emulators available for Kodi which means emulators on retail mode if someone can get them working... I am not familiar with compiling code or making a repo so I can't do anything on that front but I assume someone here has the necessary skills :)

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just finished buying a firestick and installing Kodi on that and now this finally happens :rofl:

At any rate I'm glad Kodi has finally made it's way to Xbox One (even if it's only in Alpha stages). Aside from Dev Mode I might just have one more reason to pick up an Xbox One again in the future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stream Tv Shows, Movies, Live TV, Sports and more for free with various third party add-ons

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some of the popular third party add-ons seem to be working :)

Last edited by wiired24,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16