Hacking So I've just put Symphonia 2 in

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shonosuke said:
So if you replace the sound and movie folder then resign it, it should work?
No, like I said, you mustn't add files and as the NTSC-U iso doesn't have "ep08_s17.thp", you have to delete it before/after replacing. I assume you guys are using Partitionbuilder, as replacing every of the over 10.000 files with WiiScrubber is a bit of work, lol

But if you do so, yes: It works.
But there are some issues... The biggest one are that little dialogues you can hear with the C button, as the timing is wrong if you use the japanese voices.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nathasak said:
what program did you use to undub the iso?
WiiScrubber+Partitionmanager (included with WiiScrubber)

QUOTE(Pikachu025 @ Nov 14 2008, 04:14 PM) Next time if you aren't sure if it works, try it on a DVD-RW first.
I did
biggrin.gif

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Could you make a primitive tutorial of exactly what files need replacing? I just copied the entire Japanese sound folder, pasted it into an English folder, repartitioned it with the files from the original ISO and the folder with the Japanese sounds, deleted the original, imported the new one, then burned that.

And that got me so far as the OP movie, but no title screen.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Majin Vegeta said:
shonosuke said:
No, like I said, you mustn't add files and as the NTSC-U iso doesn't have "ep08_s17.thp", you have to delete it before/after replacing. I assume you guys are using Partitionbuilder, as replacing every of the over 10.000 files with WiiScrubber is a bit of work, lol

But there are some issues... The biggest one are that little dialogues you can hear with the C button, as the timing is wrong if you use the japanese voices.

I've extracted the second partion and replaced the sound and movie folder with the japanese ones. How do I rebuild it now? partionrebuilder has no real instructions

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
shonosuke said:
Majin Vegeta said:
shonosuke said:

I've extracted the second partion and replaced the sound and movie folder with the japanese ones. How do I rebuild it now? partionrebuilder has no real instructions
What I did was to extract the files it needs from the original ISO. They're all at the top of the DATA partition when opened in WiiScrubber. Of course, I didn't get the game working properly, but I did this and the game actually booted, so I assume it works.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
MizuhoChan said:
Could you make a primitive tutorial of exactly what files need replacing? I just copied the entire Japanese sound folder, pasted it into an English folder, repartitioned it with the files from the original ISO and the folder with the Japanese sounds, deleted the original, imported the new one, then burned that.

And that got me so far as the OP movie, but no title screen.

You forgot to replace the movie folder maybe?

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, that's right.
First extract both partitions (japanese and english) and also the system files from the english partition (main.dol, boot.bin,...), replace all files you want in the english partition, build a .img file out of it (with Partitionmanager and the system files you extracted), delete the original partition in the english iso and import the new one. Finish!

I replaced: opening.bnr, game_over.bin, whole Sound folder; whole Movie folder, but without ep08_s17.thp; title.tpl in the Tpl folder
Thats it.

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
It may have been those opening and game_over files then. I doubt the movie folder would have mattered, although I will do that too. Now I just have to extract everything again, I deleted everything ;_;

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Majin Vegeta said:
Yes, that's right.
First extract both partitions (japanese and english) and also the system files from the english partition (main.dol, boot.bin,...), replace all files you want in the english partition, build a .img file out of it (with Partitionmanager and the system files you extracted), delete the original partition in the english iso and import the new one. Finish!

I replaced: opening.bnr, game_over.bin, whole Sound folder; whole Movie folder, but without ep08_s17.thp; title.tpl in the Tpl folder
Thats it.

Thanks alot,
Did you leave the logo file alone?

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-opening.bnr is the banner, that's for sure not the reason.
-game_over.bin... Dunno what that is, but it was different from the japanese one, so I just replaced it, lol
-the movie folder shouldn't matter

EDIT: @shonosuke: Yes, because it's the same as in the japanese iso.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Majin Vegeta said:
-opening.bnr is the banner, that's for sure not the reason.
-game_over.bin... Dunno what that is, but it was different from the japanese one, so I just replaced it, lol
-the movie folder shouldn't matter

EDIT: @shonosuke: Yes, because it's the same as in the japanese iso.

One last question, What scrub type should I use after replacing it?

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Umm, you don't need to scrub it. Just replace the partition and it's done.
If you want to scrub, Trucha should be the better method in that case, but I never got it to work, so I can't recommend it.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shonosuke said:
Im getting the japanese banner. Once I go into the game I get a black screen. Tried booting it with and wtithout freeloader. Precisely followed your instructions
Does it work with the english banner?

MizuhoChan said:
I got the same problem as before, it just freezes when I try to go past the opening video (which was Japanese this time, hurrah).
I really don't know how to help you... I desperated on the same problem, but seems like the solution isn't the same. I only again can suggest searching for files you could have deleted/added during the replacement process.
Check how much files are in the NTSC-U sound folder, the how much are in the NTSC-J folder. It should be 10.462 files.

TyRaNtM said:
Trucha is needed for do this?
Of course.

QUOTE(DragonSamurai55 @ Nov 14 2008, 08:56 PM)
Anyone have any suggestions for re-encoding the video files? I'd like to add subtitles.
No way I know of... You can encode the video to something using WinFF, but not to .thp again.

DragonSamurai55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can get them out of thp format just fine, it was finding a way to encode back into thp that was killing me. If anyone more knowledgeable about this comes along, I have the opening all translated and timed to a subtitle file, if they would either encode it for me or teach me how?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: