Hacking So, I've bought a N3DS last week

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I've bought a Red N3DS from target next week and i'm expecting it to arrive this week, I do have a question to ask you. Assuming that it comes with 9.5 installed (which likely), what would you do? Update it to 9.6 to be in the "latest hackable firmware version" (I also bought a Sky3DS) or stay in 9.5?

Thanks

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've bought a Red N3DS from target next week and i'm expecting it to arrive this week, I do have a question to ask you. Assuming that it comes with 9.5 installed (which likely), what would you do? Update it to 9.6 to be in the "latest hackable firmware version" (I also bought a Sky3DS) or stay in 9.5?

Thanks

If it comes with 9.5 you'll have to settle with sky for now or send it back and get a 9.2 or lower version
Because you have sky then you can use it for that for the time being

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Returning it is out of question... I do not have problems on settling with Sky for a while. Now back to the main question, do you think it is better to update to 9.6 or stay in 9.5?

Kelkador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I read it right in the thread, but I think the KARL 3DS guys found a 9.5 vuln. It doesn't work on 9.6 according to them though.

Edit: Ninja'd

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I read it right in the thread, but I think the KARL 3DS guys found a 9.5 vuln. It doesn't work on 9.6 according to them though.

Edit: Ninja'd

Ooooooooooooh.... thank goodness, I was thinking of updating, but now that I know this, that's not happening.

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The scene is very active lately, I do believe that we'll see an exploit on the newest devices and firmwares soon... that's why I'll not return it if it really come with 9.5. I'll do my research on this KARL vul you guys are talking, it may be better to stay on 9.5 then.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my New 3DS XL (Black), It came with firmware 9.4:angry: Should I keep or just wait? because I can always use my Original 3ds with 4.1 sysNAND and 9.2emuNAND to play games

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now that the situation has been changed, I have to ask, on a N3DS how to be safe on 9.5? Can nintendo push code into my device without my consentiment? I assume that I cant do a backup of my NAND, right?

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do they popup updates in the screen while lets say gaming or something? cause then it is dangerous to misclick no

Kelkador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they popup updates in the screen while lets say gaming or something? cause then it is dangerous to misclick no
It only does so in the home menu after it's been in sleep mode for a while. Just don't be too hasty with pressing A!

Edit: Apparently it can happen when not in sleep mode. But there is a delay from the message popping up to being able to interact with it. Even then if you DO accidentally hit yes it won't immediately update. There is still time to cancel.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Man that almost happened to me when I was navigating the main screen. was about to click on a game and then the "YES" icon popped up right where I was about to click.
I was like, "NO! BAD NINTENDO!" and gave my N3DS a timeout in the corner.
(while in emunand fortunately but with 9.6 update prompts hitting me it's really annoying. I'd like to stay on 9.5 as long as possible before I accidentally click that update button in Emunand.)

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man that almost happened to me when I was navigating the main screen. was about to click on a game and then the "YES" icon popped up right where I was about to click.
I was like, "NO! BAD NINTENDO!" and gave my N3DS a timeout in the corner.
(while in emunand fortunately but with 9.6 update prompts hitting me it's really annoying. I'd like to stay on 9.5 as long as possible before I accidentally click that update button in Emunand.)

fu**, bad nintendo! and do the popup keep showing or is it a one-time thing?

this is all assuming its 9.5, maybe you get a 9.0-9.2 n3ds, but if not just stay in the lowest firmware

Yes, if it come with <=9.2 I'll just keep using sky3ds as I dont want to buy a gateway atm since I already spent $90 on a sky3ds+r4i sdhc...

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fu**, bad nintendo! and do the popup keep showing or is it a one-time thing?
I feel violated each time I take it out of sleep mode. That's the only time it seems to happen.
I flip up the lid and wait... Once it's over I try not to think about it anymore.

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.