Hardware So I've added USB-C to my gamepad in Feb., now it was the consoles turn.

EnterpriseFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found it on our local online store (Shopee). It is also available on AliExpress:

"Repair parts For WII U 2 Pin 180 degree power supply ac adapter male connector jack plug interface replacement part"

Thanks for the reply!

I'm trying to replicate the Wii U (and Wii, you know, it's basically the same plug except that it's mirrored) plug right now for 3D printing. I've got most of it right already and it's basically just the plug that still needs some tweaking. I'll be sharing my 3D model as soon as it's reliable enough for printing. (Right now it's meh, some prints do fit (barely) and some don't at all).

Reactions: Blythe93

EnterpriseFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, since it's been a couple of days since I said I'm working on a portable Wii (U) USB-C to native power jack plug, I figured it's time to give an update on that. First, I managed to improve the model. All test prints of the plug do fit properly now. It's still on the tighter side of things, but honestly, that's a lot better than it being too loose and falling out of the socket when you look at it funny. The one unit I made so far uses the same PD-Decoy I used for the Internal USB-C mod on the Wii U. I am waiting for another PD-Decoy from China, though. It's slightly smaller and allows one to directly connect the little metal things (the ones that make contact with the console) to the PD-Decoy rather than having them connected with wires. Once these last few things are dealt with, I'll probably open a new thread with build instructions, etc.

One more thing about the internal USB-C mod: If you plan to keep the native power jack AND use it at some point, I highly recommend you add a diode to the +12v wire before it connects to the motherboard of the console to prevent current fed in from the power jack to flow into the USB-C decoy, possible creating a hazard!

Attachments

• Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Wii Mini 1.jpg
    Wii Mini 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • Wii Mini 2.jpg
    Wii Mini 2.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Wii Mini 3.jpg
    Wii Mini 3.jpg